Your work situation (16 Viewers)

It sounds tough as fuck.
How is your treatment? And what's the outlook?

I had a friend just have the cancer bomb dropped on them and chemo starts next week. It's wrenching.

Can you do sneaky work under the table?
Aw I was just having a pity party last night, things could be worse financially, I just get so fucking stressed about having to juggle money all the time, I wish I didn't have to think about it so much! Healthwise am still kicking the can down the road, I've been living with this for five years all in, two years at stage IV. Am not curable but hopefully I can keep going for a good while. Am physically ok at them moment but the drugs I'm on have a good few side effects, physically and mentally too. I'm kind of afraid to look for work in case I get tied up in something and get ill again, I worked while on chemo four years ago and it was a fucking crap buzz.

Aw I was just having a pity party last night, things could be worse financially, I just get so fucking stressed about having to juggle money all the time, I wish I didn't have to think about it so much! Healthwise am still kicking the can down the road, I've been living with this for five years all in, two years at stage IV. Am not curable but hopefully I can keep going for a good while. Am physically ok at them moment but the drugs I'm on have a good few side effects, physically and mentally too. I'm kind of afraid to look for work in case I get tied up in something and get ill again, I worked while on chemo four years ago and it was a fucking crap buzz.
Money is most everyone's bane. There are always bills coming in - the real neverending story.

Sounds like you're managing A LOT very well, Diddles.

You’ve really been (and still are going) through the wars Diddles. I think you deserve to at least vent (not a pity party at all). Is there anything any of us can do for you? I don’t have a pile of cash to give you unfortunately.

It’s not a pity party and you’re completely right to vent. It’s not right or fair, but the fact fact that you’re still getting up and getting shit done is amazing.
Money is a stressor for 90% of us, myself included.

I’m working a daytime office job that I hate with a passion for pretty much minimum wage but I’m a lone parent with a kid to take care of, so that’s just life I guess.
I’m transferring back to Dublin in the next year or so, so even if the job is still shit, it won’t be as lonely.

It’s not a pity party and you’re completely right to vent. It’s not right or fair, but the fact fact that you’re still getting up and getting shit done is amazing.
Money is a stressor for 90% of us, myself included.

I’m working a daytime office job that I hate with a passion for pretty much minimum wage but I’m a lone parent with a kid to take care of, so that’s just life I guess.
I’m transferring back to Dublin in the next year or so, so even if the job is still shit, it won’t be as lonely.
Are you not doing the pub thing anymore?

Well I'm doing fuck all as I'm on disability because of cancer so can't work even if I feel like it in case I lose my medical card or get sick again! I was freelancing on and off when I was first in treatment but then husband left me so am reliant on the state and Airbnbing on a part time basis. It's only now I'm really regretting giving up my career to be a full time mammy, it was no problem when I had a partner but I was left high and dry on my own. If i'd stayed working at least I would have had sick pay, a pension etc. It's fucking tough.

sending so much love to you! this sounds like you're dealing with so much, and doing so incredibly.

Are you not doing the pub thing anymore?

The last two years I only do a few shifts a month, and on call when Hives has nights off or is away so I can’t really comply.

The kid is going to college in Dublin this year, recently broke up with my partner and getting closer to 40 than I’m happy about.
Time to accept my early mid life crisis and make some changes while I can.

Last edited:
The last two years I only do a few shifts a month, and on call when Hives has nights off or is away so I can’t really comply.

The kid is going to college in Dublin this year, recently broke up with my partner and getting closer to 40 than I’m happy about.
Time to accept my early mid life crisis and make some changes while I can.
Best of luck. I can't believe the kid is going to college. She must be about 9 or 10 now?

So that earlier post made no sense.
Off coffee for 4 weeks now, and my brain is still goo.

I updated my LinkedIn details for the first time in ten years. For the last 10 years I'd spelled designer as "Deisnger". No wonder I'm still in the same job.

Hives has been telling me to dress for the job I want, not the one I have.
But the one I can want is pretty much anything but this, which is hard to colour coordinate.

forgot to clock in a few times last week, they upgraded me to admin on the rota thing so I can just edit stuff as i please (I always do over hours anyways)

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

• Cornu Ammonis
  • Cormcolash
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back