Your work situation (7 Viewers)

Does anyone work from home/primarily work remotely? I know it sounds very prissy and no one loves working, but my office job and the social elements to it have been really badly affecting my mental health of late. Would love some advice on getting into remote work that won't make a very introverted person feel completely burned out all the time from work life.

Does anyone work from home/primarily work remotely? I know it sounds very prissy and no one loves working, but my office job and the social elements to it have been really badly affecting my mental health of late. Would love some advice on getting into remote work that won't make a very introverted person feel completely burned out all the time from work life.

I mostly work from home. I'm fortunate in that there's another building on the property that I work out of so I'm very clearly able to demarcate when I'm "at work" and when I'm "at home." The job will also sometimes take me out of the office to visit clients and some customers drop by from time to time so that covers the social aspect of work.

I work from home and talk to my team via Microsoft Teams (used to use Skype). I was never one for office banter and small talk so it hasn't adversely affected me in any way. You need to be disciplined in your time keeping and make sure you work only the same hours as you would in the office. I'm much happier doing it this way, and I get to look after the dogs during the day.

I've built up a relationship where i can work from home for certain parts of my job, which generally manifests in doing the emails at the house and landing in in time for the practical bit. I don't even avail of it that much, but I have the option of not going in till around 12 most days because of it. Same as above - routine is important. I actually work tighter to deadlines at home than here.

I'm 100% remote. Just work normal office hours. Sometimes you'll have a day that you've spent mostly farting around and getting v little done, you kinda feel like maybe you should make up for that time by working longer. The trick is to ignore that feeling.

Oh and c'mere - I know fuck all about your introversion/mental health, but I used to work in a job I grew to hate with people who ... well, the people were fine, but they weren't my people, and I used to be pretty down in the dumps most of the time. Moving to a new job where I felt valued, and where I had genuine affection for my workmates, made a massive (positive) difference to how I felt about pretty much everything.

I realise that I just got lucky, and this might not be relevant to you at all (and I've since left that job, but that's a long story), but anyway - what I'm trying to say is - maybe you don't need remote work? Maybe you just need a different job?

Installing an 80 door access system in a new building being built and the contractor now has only spotted that they wanted keypads at every door and not a fob/card reader.

Jesus wept they are being dumb.

Apart from the fact that I’ve already installed half of them and they’re going to have to pay to get them removed and waste a load of money the actually reality of having to put a code in every single door you want to pass through hasn’t clicked with them and no matter what I say I’ve a strong feeling that I’m going to be back in 6 months time putting the fob/card readers back in instead of all the keypads
Idiots

I'm lucky in that while there are certain times /days during the week when I have to be in work at other times I can work at home.

The weird thing though is that when I'm at home I get loads done, but at the end of the day can't shake off a vague feeling of guilt because I haven't actually been in work. If I spend the day in work I get nothing done because I spend most of it chatting to colleagues, going for coffee etc. And then at the end of the day drive / cycle home feeling pleased with myself for putting in a great days work altogether.

I'm lucky in that while there are certain times /days during the week when I have to be in work at other times I can work at home.

The weird thing though is that when I'm at home I get loads done, but at the end of the day can't shake off a vague feeling of guilt because I haven't actually been in work. If I spend the day in work I get nothing done because I spend most of it chatting to colleagues, going for coffee etc. And then at the end of the day drive / cycle home feeling pleased with myself for putting in a great days work altogether.

theres no winning sometimes

Daytripper is a laser tripwire that can, upon triggering:

promo.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back