Your work situation (8 Viewers)

You not loving the landlady country lifestyle?
It's fine but I can't imagine doing this when I'm 50 and socially it's a bit isolating. The more I travel up to Dublin (I have a bit more lately) the more I miss the culture it brings. I might be going through another mid life crisis. I was in Madeira a couple weeks ago and found myself looking at all the property for sale on realtor windows thinking.... "yeah, I could start a B&B here." Flights of fancy.

It's fine but I can't imagine doing this when I'm 50 and socially it's a bit isolating. The more I travel up to Dublin (I have a bit more lately) the more I miss the culture it brings. I might be going through another mid life crisis. I was in Madeira a couple weeks ago and found myself looking at all the property for sale on realtor windows thinking.... "yeah, I could start a B&B here." Flights of fancy.

You’re only missing pollution, traffic, shootings, non existent property to rent or buy at any reasonable rates and all the misery that brings.
Country life sounds nice. Trying to buy a house at the mo and it’s.... looking like it may be out of our range..If only both our jobs weren’t Dublin based.

I would live in the Spanish countryside if I could.

I still say we should all just buy up a street in some town in Italy.

and then die from 50 degrees weather two years down the line.

I spent a lot of time looking a places in south west spain and for a while there was a constant supply of off grid* farm sites going for what, me, one of the richest people on earth would consider not too expensive at all.

*off grid meaning they have no electricity/water/services.

See also spanish cave houses. Serious top-knot cred.

There's a robot driving about in the hall outside, with... I mean, some class of a screen on it with a showing a dude, presumably the driver of the robot. It's a bit like one of those Segway yokes, but smaller.

He said "hello" and smiled brightly to someone walking along the corridor. Obviously I fled back to my office and closed the door securely behind me.

As I was closing the door I peeked out and noticed it was chatting with someone else. Hopefully this will be the end of the situation. Still dying for a pish, but we'll tough it out.

Christ.

THat sounds like hell.

It's like Tomorrow's World around here.
I'm not robotist but... as they keep to themselves... some of my best friends are...

I reckon you could sneak up behind one of them and unplug something on the back.

Unless there's cameras on the back too. Jesus. Plus they are on wheels and look like they could whip around at any moment. Steer clear of the cunts anyway.

Alternatively... I could steal one of them. And lock it in my gaff. Torment the thing Silence of the Lambs style for months and show it my arse when it's least expecting it.

And then when I'm bored of it stick it on the Metro.

It'll just lawnmower man its way into a talkboy or something if you do.

Most of my fear of robots is based on how fucking stupid humans, the people making them are.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Activity
    So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
    Bello Bar
    1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
    Bello Bar
    1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
    Anseo
    18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
    Back