Your work situation (13 Viewers)

So a complaint I made about a colleague's shitty attitude has been relayed to him as "Johnny said you're a dick"* So now it's been made an awkward and personal issue between him and me. It wasn't. I snapped at the time because everyone I spoke to was having the same issue with the guy which meant I couldn't get stuff done. I assumed they'd just a word with him to watch the attitude, but no. They want me to "sit down with him" and talk about "our conflict". Jesus Christ. Never stick your neck out is the takeaway here. Well done HR team.

*paraphrasing

I think its standard HR practice when dealing with difficult staff to push as much of it back on the managers/co-workers. part of it is ensuring a documented intervention takes place outside of the formal disciplinary process. part of it is HR being arseholes.

A temp we've had for the last year has just left so I'm beginning the clean up operation on everything they did wrong.

I'm also resolving to let colleagues figure shit out for themselves because they'll never learn otherwise. If I'm asked a question then I'll help but no more feeling like I have to jump in every time I hear someone making a balls of anything.

I've done literally no work today. I took some time out to get the car sorted and no one noticed. I wonder if I can get away with it for another few hours.

My contract is finishing up soon so I'm looking out for other jobs. I'm interested in working in the arts, skills in administration. Looking at this role currently... Trying to suss out if there's a uniform or not because I can't deal with that shit. https://3kkb1z11gox47nppd3tlqcmq-wp...t-Closing-date-Thursday-31-January-at-5pm.pdf

I don't think there is. But I'm just basing this purely on the fact that I used to go to the cafe in the abbey a fair bit and no one wore a uniform there so i could be talking out my hole.

I got roped in to doing a Green Belt management training course in here a few months back. It involved having to do a project and exam. Finally got it all finished yesterday. It's nice to not have that hanging over me anymore. Studying's a pain in the hole.

Yeah I was considering Green belt training too, but uuuuugh. I already have to do a data visualization course in feb and march, and am like WHY LEAVE ME ALONE. But also massive first world problems, because obviously work paying for me to get more qualifications is deadly.

Yeah I was considering Green belt training too, but uuuuugh. I already have to do a data visualization course in feb and march, and am like WHY LEAVE ME ALONE. But also massive first world problems, because obviously work paying for me to get more qualifications is deadly.

Ah, it was grand in the end, just hard to find the time to get stuff done on it in work. It was just 1 of those annoying things that was hanging over me for the last few months.

My contract is finishing up soon so I'm looking out for other jobs. I'm interested in working in the arts, skills in administration. Looking at this role currently... Trying to suss out if there's a uniform or not because I can't deal with that shit. https://3kkb1z11gox47nppd3tlqcmq-wp...t-Closing-date-Thursday-31-January-at-5pm.pdf
It's front of house, so blacks if you're behind the bar, there may be a red tie too. It loosens up a bit after that depending on what you're doing, if I remember correctly. I worked in the tech crew there for many years. It was a brilliant place to work. It has changed a lot in the last couple of years, so I can't speak to how is now, but I had a fantastic time there. I'd say go for the interview and see what the crack is...good luck! I think there's a fairly decent career path there if you get the job and like it, and there's a great union too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back