Your work situation (10 Viewers)

So a complaint I made about a colleague's shitty attitude has been relayed to him as "Johnny said you're a dick"* So now it's been made an awkward and personal issue between him and me. It wasn't. I snapped at the time because everyone I spoke to was having the same issue with the guy which meant I couldn't get stuff done. I assumed they'd just a word with him to watch the attitude, but no. They want me to "sit down with him" and talk about "our conflict". Jesus Christ. Never stick your neck out is the takeaway here. Well done HR team.

*paraphrasing
HR have made everything worse

So a complaint I made about a colleague's shitty attitude has been relayed to him as "Johnny said you're a dick"* So now it's been made an awkward and personal issue between him and me. It wasn't. I snapped at the time because everyone I spoke to was having the same issue with the guy which meant I couldn't get stuff done. I assumed they'd just a word with him to watch the attitude, but no. They want me to "sit down with him" and talk about "our conflict". Jesus Christ. Never stick your neck out is the takeaway here. Well done HR team.

*paraphrasing
Jebus that's horrible.

Also, jealous that everyone else seems to be able to listen to headphones in work. Not really a done thing in here. Maybe the odd Friday evening or that..

*paraphrasing

Just refuse. Or quit.

I told my boss about this situation . He went "oh for fucks sake" and is going to take it up with the other guy's line manager and explain things a bit more clearly. I hope.

HR dept. In their effort to address a long standing company known issue decided to pin it all on the one person who finally spoke up about it
Fuckers! Why on earth did they name you? That’s putting my everyone in an awkward position. I’d say make a formal complaint but if it was me I’d just want the matter done with as soon as possible

Fuckers! Why on earth did they name you? That’s putting my everyone in an awkward position. I’d say make a formal complaint but if it was me I’d just want the matter done with as soon as possible
I would be making a complaint to the person I'm complaining about. I'm not ruling it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Activity
    So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
    Bello Bar
    1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
    Bello Bar
    1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
    Vicar Street
    58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
    Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
    Anseo
    18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
    Back