Your work situation (2 Viewers)

ilovehoovering

Supporter
Threads
I feel like that went well. Need to give a presentation tomorrow afternoon. Bit of a pain that it wasn’t on the same day.
I've just found out I've got one for an internal position next week and also have to do a presentation which I've never done before. I wish I had practiced taking some of that diazepam that I have at home so I'd know how to calm my nerves beforehand without putting myself to sleep!

hermie

Threads
Website
Visit site
I've not bothered going for certain jobs in the past that require a presentation as part of the recruitment process. The very thought gives me the shudders.

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
brainwashed.com
I've not bothered going for certain jobs in the past that require a presentation as part of the recruitment process. The very thought gives me the shudders.
If I can’t present a PowerPoint, I can’t do most aspects of my job so I’ve never consider it to be optional before. It’s grand once you get into it.

Bernie Lomax

Threads
Redundancies announced today! Brexit *spits on ground* uncertainty cited as a reason we're not as profitable as we had forecast. I got spared. Not sure how I feel about that.

Last edited:

hermie

Threads
Website
Visit site
Really? Sure it's no different to being on stage
Ah it is! I've never not embarrassed myself with inter-song banter before so now avoid it completely. Being on stage without having to talk is still nerve-wrecking but infinitely better.

Lili Marlene

Constant Management of Back
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Redundancies announced today! Brexit *spits on ground* uncertainty cited as a reason we're not as profitable as we had forecast. I got spared. Not sure how I feel about that.
Bloody hell, it starts, Recession 2.0, BREXSESSION. I remember the redundancy days of last time, they got the head guy on our department in a room with a phone, every hour america would call and give him a list of names. After two days of getting him to gut the department they they then fired him. Good times.

We're about due one anyway, here's the New Statesman talking jargon about it:

hermie

Threads
Website
Visit site
Bloody hell, it starts, Recession 2.0, BREXSESSION. I remember the redundancy days of last time, they got the head guy on our department in a room with a phone, every hour america would call and give him a list of names. After two days of getting him to gut the department they they then fired him. Good times.

We're about due one anyway, here's the New Statesman talking jargon about it:

Made him do all the firing and then put a bullet in his head when he was done? That's fucking appaling! I would have razed the place to the ground

pavlos

Supporter
Threads
My work is holding a Mental Health Awareness Week picnic today - at which we have to bring our own sandwiches - while simultaneously announcing another round of redundancies. You have to laugh
Will they be poking you with sticks during it as well?

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Threads
Started my trucking course.First time behind the wheel today.

I love it . I may go all the way to juggernauts

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• The Stone Roses
    She Bangs the Drums - Remastered
    The Stone Roses
    The Stone Roses

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads