Your work situation (1 Viewer)

Bernie Lomax

Threads
So a complaint I made about a colleague's shitty attitude has been relayed to him as "Johnny said you're a dick"* So now it's been made an awkward and personal issue between him and me. It wasn't. I snapped at the time because everyone I spoke to was having the same issue with the guy which meant I couldn't get stuff done. I assumed they'd just a word with him to watch the attitude, but no. They want me to "sit down with him" and talk about "our conflict". Jesus Christ. Never stick your neck out is the takeaway here. Well done HR team.

*paraphrasing
HR have made everything worse

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
I feel like quitting today. That would be an over reaction though. Wouldn't it?

hermie

Supporter
Threads
Website
Visit site
So a complaint I made about a colleague's shitty attitude has been relayed to him as "Johnny said you're a dick"* So now it's been made an awkward and personal issue between him and me. It wasn't. I snapped at the time because everyone I spoke to was having the same issue with the guy which meant I couldn't get stuff done. I assumed they'd just a word with him to watch the attitude, but no. They want me to "sit down with him" and talk about "our conflict". Jesus Christ. Never stick your neck out is the takeaway here. Well done HR team.

*paraphrasing
Jebus that's horrible.

Also, jealous that everyone else seems to be able to listen to headphones in work. Not really a done thing in here. Maybe the odd Friday evening or that..

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Threads
Website
thumped.com

*paraphrasing

Just refuse. Or quit.

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
I told my boss about this situation . He went "oh for fucks sake" and is going to take it up with the other guy's line manager and explain things a bit more clearly. I hope.

Bernie Lomax

Threads
HR dept. In their effort to address a long standing company known issue decided to pin it all on the one person who finally spoke up about it
Fuckers! Why on earth did they name you? That’s putting my everyone in an awkward position. I’d say make a formal complaint but if it was me I’d just want the matter done with as soon as possible

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
Fuckers! Why on earth did they name you? That’s putting my everyone in an awkward position. I’d say make a formal complaint but if it was me I’d just want the matter done with as soon as possible
I would be making a complaint to the person I'm complaining about. I'm not ruling it out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• Servants Of The Salem Girl
    Salem Girl Part I
    The Necromancers
    Servants Of The Salem Girl
  • dont smile at me
    idontwannabeyouanymore
    Billie Eilish
    dont smile at me

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads