Your work situation (5 Viewers)

People are having fun up the corridor from me.

Bastards. I have to walk past them having fun on the way to the jacks, see them all having fun. The best I can do is take a big dump and take some satisfaction from that.

I went back to my office, and closed the door. I can still hear them laughing. Bastards.

People are having fun up the corridor from me.

Bastards. I have to walk past them having fun on the way to the jacks, see them all having fun. The best I can do is take a big dump and take some satisfaction from that.

I went back to my office, and closed the door. I can still hear them laughing. Bastards.

I constantly see people around me having great fun, and all I do is lurch around my office with my headphones on 24/7 serving my resting bitch face. Even though I look like a bitch, really I'd love to have some fun. If they weren't all trolls, of course.

I constantly see people around me having great fun, and all I do is lurch around my office with my headphones on 24/7 serving my resting bitch face. Even though I look like a bitch, really I'd love to have some fun. If they weren't all trolls, of course.

I put an order in for noise cancelling headphones.
If those pricks are going to have fun, someone is paying for it in the form of fancy new headphones for me. And I'm not cutting any corners with these headphones, they will be swanky ones. And I put in an order for an absurdly expensive new laptop.

I'll ruin this economy yet.

Fuckers having fun. They'll learn.

If I didn't have headphones I would have quit years ago.

If I didn't have headphones I would have quit years ago.

When I used to work in an open office, there was one pain in the hole who used to arrive in and give a fucking monologue every morning about whatever banal bullshit was happening in their life. Slipping on the headphones to drown them out was extremely satisfying.

When I used to work in an open office, there was one pain in the hole who used to arrive in and give a fucking monologue every morning about whatever banal bullshit was happening in their life. Slipping on the headphones to drown them out was extremely satisfying.
I wear mine even if I'm not listening to music or on a call. It helps tune out the bullshit and ensures I don't get involved in any conversation. They're like my Gregory Porter comfort hat.

I've 1 of them in this office, she's out this week because her kid is off school. People in here think she's horrendous but I used to work with a guy who has 10 times worse than her in a much more confined space. People in here don't know when they were born.

So a complaint I made about a colleague's shitty attitude has been relayed to him as "Johnny said you're a dick"* So now it's been made an awkward and personal issue between him and me. It wasn't. I snapped at the time because everyone I spoke to was having the same issue with the guy which meant I couldn't get stuff done. I assumed they'd just a word with him to watch the attitude, but no. They want me to "sit down with him" and talk about "our conflict". Jesus Christ. Never stick your neck out is the takeaway here. Well done HR team.

*paraphrasing

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back