Your work situation (2 Viewers)

Sorry to hear that! But I've found that in my experience, I've always gotten the second job I've gone for. The first interview in a while is always a shitshow of me talking 60mph and saying "shit" by accident. You'll ace the next one.

Sorry to hear that! But I've found that in my experience, I've always gotten the second job I've gone for. The first interview in a while is always a shitshow of me talking 60mph and saying "shit" by accident. You'll ace the next one.
Ahh sure something suitable will turn up eventually!

I don't have to solve any tech issues for my boss ("why aren't my headphones working? why does my inbox look funny?") or express an opinion on Jose Mourinho or Jeremy Corbyn when asked by a colleague until 2019. Joy.

How did you get on Gaz? Edit: just saw they wanted you to work party hours, feck that!

So we just hired this new statistician, she's Korean, I think just out of her post doc and very quiet and proper. We have this cuban JS coder who bought... well, something that looked not totally unlike a lady pleasuring device in the shape of an anthropomorphic head of corn for the Santy blind gift thing. Of course shy new Korean woman picks the very dubious looking corncob thing and opens it in front of everyone.

To be fair she held it together well when she was standing up with us all looking on at her. Seemingly she didn't handle it quite so well afterwards. No one in my building has seen her since.

I've been to this christmas party before. I didn't do any gifts. I did bring some food which I'd put ghost chilis into though, for the potluck.

A similar incident (before my time) is responsible for a permanent ban on Secret Santa in my current workplace. Fraught!

How did you get on Gaz? Edit: just saw they wanted you to work party hours, feck that!

A similar incident (before my time) is responsible for a permanent ban on Secret Santa in my current workplace. Fraught!

I think a similar, upcoming incident (next year), will be the banning of this godawful tradition in my workplace.

just finished for the year. worked 93 of the last 127 hours. 8 day break.
similar pattern this year. between 6am on monday and midnight on friday, i worked 91 of 114 hours. friday alone had me working 13 new jobs and 6 ongoing, plus an extra one on saturday morning which i did on autopilot and don't remember much about. still managed to squeeze in the maaterchef final on thursday with my eldest.

Easiest commute since last Christmas Eve. I'm the most senior member of staff to have shown up this morning, none of the Directors have made an appearance, though three of them are supposed to be in. We're outta here at 12.

I had planned to bring my kids in on Monday, but the 6 year old has chicken pox, and the baby could be infectious, so had to leave them at home. A few years ago they made the decision to close the office from Christmas Day through to New Years Day, it's great.

I was supposed to be back today but I had to do wake and funeral stuff today and yesterday. Christmas Eve was spent in casualty with the sister, nothing serious thankfully. Back to work tomorrow after a very relaxing break. I'm going to "work from home" on Monday.

I was supposed to be back today but I had to do wake and funeral stuff today and yesterday. Christmas Eve was spent in casualty with the sister, nothing serious thankfully. Back to work tomorrow after a very relaxing break. I'm going to "work from home" on Monday.
Jaysus that sounds rough :( Hope you're alright!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back