Your work situation (5 Viewers)

Current guy in the office today just looks like he's decided to make his Tuesday more fun

We had an open bar at the summer party which was probably asking for trouble

They had to sack him though. Can't have tolerance for that in any work environment.
The groper has a wife and a kid on the way - they're collateral damage in all of it.

You can probably let the getting pissed at the BBQ slide, but once he gets handsy zero sympathy.

Should have decided not to be a stupid prick when he got up in the morning.

Current guy in the office today just looks like he's decided to make his Tuesday more fun

We had an open bar at the summer party which was probably asking for trouble

They had to sack him though. Can't have tolerance for that in any work environment.
The groper has a wife and a kid on the way - they're collateral damage in all of it.

I was at work once and the boss bounced down from upstairs saying "HEY SEANC, TRY THIS COFFEE!!!"

No I'm allergic to coffee

"YEAH BUT TRY THIS COFFEE"

he forced some into me. I gagged and burned. Wtf is that?

"YEAH, IT'S COFFEE, BUT IT'S MOSTLY WHISKY"

He also had the advantage of Colombian marching powder. Don't know why he did that to me.

Used to work with a guy a long time ago on the sites - and when he was painting he'd call someone over and ask them to smell the paint cos it smelled weird

Thing is, he'd have timed it just after a bad fart, so the person would get a good nostril full of his gas

He did it for the yuks

Like what kind of contractor?

I'm always curious who these guys are and what part of their status feels threatened by foreigns

Obviously you don't have to answer
It's not like I'm Pitchfork

I've encountered a fair bit of casual racism on sites/in trades
You think it's grand until you overhear something horrific. I've had to just leave rooms when I've heard a few lads talking shit about specifically non-white foreigners. It's not rampant but enough there to be disgusted on occasion.
Maybe it's an accurate cross section of society

talking shit about specifically non-white foreigners
Was at a get-together in an old neighbour's house years ago, and the neighbour's Da was ranting about Nigerians. Was trying to call him out on it but he wasn't being racist (he said), it was just Nigerians he had problems with. Didn't really know what to make of that, and couldn't deploy my usual "I know them and they're sound" defence

Was at a get-together in an old neighbour's house years ago, and the neighbour's Da was ranting about Nigerians. Was trying to call him out on it but he wasn't being racist (he said), it was just Nigerians he had problems with. Didn't really know what to make of that, and couldn't deploy my usual "I know them and they're sound" defence

Nigerians as in people from Nigeria, or Nigerians as in the catch all phrase for an African person living here?

The same way that all eastern eiropeans here are "Polish."

I'd have kept at him with 'But how do you know they're all Nigerians?'

Similar experience with an English lad over in London that he 'hated Pakis'

I was in shock.

Then he corrected himself somewhat and said 'I love Indians, but I fucking hate actual Pakistanis. Every one of them I've met here has been a Cunt'.

I was somewhat less shocked but then more confused

I'd have kept at him with 'But how do you know they're all Nigerians?'

Similar experience with an English lad over in London that he 'hated Pakis'

I was in shock.

Then he corrected himself somewhat and said 'I love Indians, but I fucking hate actual Pakistanis. Every one of them I've met here has been a Cunt'.

I was somewhat less shocked but then more confused
I'd have asked him was he like the king of Pakistan or something.

Because you're the biggest cunt I've ever met

Never a a bad reason for this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

In fairness there's very little of that were I work.
So little that you can identify actual people and who they specifically don't like. And even that's just two people.

the team i work for is from all over the shop and you never hear any of that sort of stuff thankfully. i'm going into a team meeting soon and i think there will be 8 nationalities represented.

Oh well MY work is the most multicultural of all! So ha!

There's all sorts. The pro-Brexit Polish guy. The pro-Brexit English guy who speaks German at every available opportunity. The Ethiopian guy who called me racist because "all Irish people are like that". Which he in fact said to the Jamaican guy with an Irish grandmother.

Then the Holocaust denying Lithuanian, I once convinced him I was Jewish just so he'd shut up. The Latvian who didn't know what a synagogue was. We were in a synagogue at the time. "Who is this Sabbath? He is important person?". No it's Saturday mate.

Mostly we're pretty good. I mean, if you're racist why would you come here and do this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back