Your work situation (5 Viewers)

anyone else's posture fucked from sitting in house chairs all day?
Yes. I came here to post this very thing. I have a nice "office" type chair, but it doesn't have back support and is certainly contributing to my back issues.

My masseuse (yes, you heard me) told me to get a proper chair and to watch my posture.

He also recommended an orthopedic mattress and to get some damn exercise.

Interestingly, he says that after work I should lie on the floor for a few minutes to allow my back muscles to relax.

Will be trying that later.

Can you not get your employer to send you a better chair? I have two office chairs of my own but they're both shite so I asked them to send me one with extra height and back support. I may ask for a better one as I don't like the way it rolls along the carpet.

Can you not get your employer to send you a better chair? I have two office chairs of my own but they're both shite so I asked them to send me one with extra height and back support. I may ask for a better one as I don't like the way it rolls along the carpet.
I've been working from home for years. It never occurred to me to ask them to send me a chair.

Must look in to it

Someone in work came out as trans and has changed her name. All grand so far. She's changed her surname too, to "Mhaol", which she says is "from a legendary gender role-bucking badass Irish pirate queen" (i.e. Granuaile). Everyone is huzzah-ing ... but ... well, would you say that she realises that "maol" literally means "bald"? Should I say anything?

anyone else's posture fucked from sitting in house chairs all day?

A couple of months ago I did some work with my old employer. There was 14 of us and I'd say 12 of them had developed some kind of serious injury from just sitting around the gaff. They have nice set-ups at home, ergonomically speaking, but they're mostly musicians so 12 hours of making music on the 'puter every day, they all had wrecked backs.

There was also two who'd had bad motorbike accidents, a couple who'd clearly boozed and drugged too much, and four who had severe teeth issues. One lads tooth was so bad the dentist said he was a week from death by sepsis.

This whole lockdown business has not been as good as expected for peoples physical and mental health. That's very annoying.

Someone in work came out as trans and has changed her name. All grand so far. She's changed her surname too, to "Mhaol", which she says is "from a legendary gender role-bucking badass Irish pirate queen" (i.e. Granuaile). Everyone is huzzah-ing ... but ... well, would you say that she realises that "maol" literally means "bald"? Should I say anything?
oof

Yes. I came here to post this very thing. I have a nice "office" type chair, but it doesn't have back support and is certainly contributing to my back issues.

My masseuse (yes, you heard me) told me to get a proper chair and to watch my posture.

He also recommended an orthopedic mattress and to get some damn exercise.

Interestingly, he says that after work I should lie on the floor for a few minutes to allow my back muscles to relax.

Will be trying that later.
Oooh his MASSEUSE, MASSEUSE!!

Why eh yes, of course you should...

Better to keep out of it I think.

There's loads of Italian surnames that would sound weird translated to English but sound great in the original. ie Legendary football coach Fabio Hat, or world cup winner Fabio Big, their Euros squad had a guy called Ciro Immobile, and probably other non-football people too.

Edit: If she isn't Irish you should definitely play the appropriation card.

Turns out my place is pretty sound. Haven't logged in to work for 7 weeks and they're still paying me full salary, and no one has called to ask when I'm going back.
Seven weeks? Decent.

I started in one job, and there was a lad in the office beside me who used his outdoor voice for all occasions, and it drove me mental. So after about a week I fucked off down the hall and found a hidey hole to do work in.

After about three months the person I report to noticed me tidying up my desk, and quietly suggested, *no pressure mind* that I'd start coming in to work a bit more regularly.

I was there: I've been coming in five days a week, what are you on about? Then I realised that they noticed I was never in my office and assumed (understandably enough) that I wasn't there at all. So, like, they thought I took a job, showed up the first week and then DIDN'T EVEN TURN UP for the following several months, and that warranted a quiet nudge about maybe stopping by a bit more often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back