Your Health Is Your Wealth (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 63K
  • Watchers 9
Don't want to rain on your parade but I used my folks as a yardstick for my longevity and it's really not working out at all. My mam lived until 70 and my dad got to 80, both were raging alcos and my dad was a very heavy smoker and a stranger to vegetables. So I thought I was pretty much immortal but here I am at 44 with cancer and a fuckin brain aneurysm to boot :D

Well I have a sore knee..well not really sore..more a intermittant twinge.so we're basically twins

Its a fairly hairy old situation by the sounds of it alright. Good luck from me too Diddlydoo

Don't want to rain on your parade but I used my folks as a yardstick for my longevity and it's really not working out at all. My mam lived until 70 and my dad got to 80, both were raging alcos and my dad was a very heavy smoker and a stranger to vegetables. So I thought I was pretty much immortal but here I am at 44 with cancer and a fuckin brain aneurysm to boot :D

Sounds rough - hope things improve for you soon!

what? diddles no. Not having it.

Also I heard an interview on tubridy (i know) yesterday with a woman who fell off of her bike and got concussion. 4 years later, still dealing with it. I thought about the Stoat with similiar issues and another friend going though the same. Damn.

If my dad is anything to go by, the brain aneurysm might be ok. He's had one for ever, he's still chugging away at 80something. He only told me when he found out that my first band was called Aneurysm. Wasn't a good day for either of us, that one :rolleyes:

As for the cancer, that's dreadful news Diddles. Beaming good thoughts to you from the middle of nowhere aka Carlow x

Sorry about the cancer and aneurysm diddles

Also I heard an interview on tubridy (i know) yesterday with a woman who fell off of her bike and got concussion. 4 years later, still dealing with it. I thought about the Stoat with similiar issues and another friend going though the same. Damn.

Brain injury was my big worry when I came off in July but thankfully none, especially when sent for an MRI. Just all the other injuries but nothing life changing.

If my dad is anything to go by, the brain aneurysm might be ok. He's had one for ever, he's still chugging away at 80something. He only told me when he found out that my first band was called Aneurysm. Wasn't a good day for either of us, that one :rolleyes:

As for the cancer, that's dreadful news Diddles. Beaming good thoughts to you from the middle of nowhere aka Carlow x

Unforch two of my brothers died from ruptured brain aneurysms , but the lads in Beaumont think mine might be outside my brain which makes it survivable in the event of it rupturing. I have to have a brain angiogram in November to get more info but if it's inside my brain they'll pack it with wire or something. But yeah, the cancer is the main problem, they've put the brakes on it for now with drugs, and hopefully I can keep kicking the can down the road until better drugs become available.

Unforch two of my brothers died from ruptured brain aneurysms , but the lads in Beaumont think mine might be outside my brain which makes it survivable in the event of it rupturing. I have to have a brain angiogram in November to get more info but if it's inside my brain they'll pack it with wire or something. But yeah, the cancer is the main problem, they've put the brakes on it for now with drugs, and hopefully I can keep kicking the can down the road until better drugs become available.
Christ on a bike. I don't know what to say. I'm so sorry for the idiotically presumptuous post earlier. Except for the good thoughts bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back