Your Health Is Your Wealth (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 59K
  • Watchers 9
Doctor? I consulted with my sister, she broke one of hers a while back, apparently its pointless going to a doctor, they just say "take it easy" etc and lighten your wallet.
I had the same thing. Went to the doctor the first time, they taped it up and gave me crutches after an x-ray at the hospital. The second time it happened to me, I bought my own tape and still had the crutches.

Gaz, I burst my eardrum before a few years back. I wont go into the details but it involved human error and a cotton swab. It took a while to heal but came back 100%. A bit of rest and it'll start to get better.
Its on its way back.The sound is starting to return..dependes what angle I have my head at.Its like a loose wire.Confidence is high.ALthough I know its a couple months off being right..but I'm in no hurry

ANd confidence is just fucking generally high....I lstuck my head into the snakes mouth but emerged practically unscathed.

My missus suspects her toe is broken too. But as Theodore says, the doctor will only advise taking is easy. They can't set it or put a splint in it so it'll heal itself eventually

I broke my toe and they put it on one of those massive shoes so that you don't bend it at all and it sets properly and sooner, but it's probably a bit late for that now.

could it be gout?
You'll know if you have gout. Because you'll be in tears with the agony and unable to move and your foot will look like an aubergine. And you don't get gout sticking your foot into a tackle.

I think I broke a toe once. It went kind of black. I couldn't go to the doc cos I was going on holiiers the following day. Walking around Paris on a broken toe is fun, but no where near as fun as the ould gout. Now, that's a trip.

You'll know if you have gout. Because you'll be in tears with the agony and unable to move and your foot will look like an aubergine. And you don't get gout sticking your foot into a tackle.

I think I broke a toe once. It went kind of black. I couldn't go to the doc cos I was going on holiiers the following day. Walking around Paris on a broken toe is fun, but no where near as fun as the ould gout. Now, that's a trip.
I suffered from gout for years. One sure fire way to set it off is a mild injury.

Yes but how likely is it to be gout versus a broken toe?

By the way, is it is broken, lay off the pain killers (any NSAIDs) as they retard the healing of bone.

Something wicked this way comes

judging by the painful sensation in my thumb

maybe antihistamines will sort it

Dying with the cold. Thought it was symptoms of a terrible hangover on Monday...well it was, but now it's a rotten cold too.

The "minor complaints" thread doesn't cut if for how rotten I feel

Waiting for an mri scan. I ticked "no" in the "could you be claustrophobic" section on the questionnaire. Guess I'll know for sure in a few minutes.

Good luck Johnny !

Edit..sure while I'm here..if my health is my wealth then I am a wealthy man today.
No maladies to report thank god.

Having said that,there was an unholy miasma in the town yesterday,from slurry in the vicinity I expect,which could potentially give rise to a case of beriberi or possibly pellagra if I'm not careful.
I better eat a bowl of cornflakes

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back