• Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 61K
  • Watchers 9
Tinned sweetcorn
Jars of gherkins
jars of silverskin onions
Jars of beetroot
Jars of sundried tomoto and artichoke (These are oily, i put them in a strainer over the sink before the plate)

fresh apple (sliced)
fresh cucumber (sliced)
fresh banana (Sliced)
etc

1-2 slices of wholemeal
tuna/sardines/mackerel/salmon

The bulk of it is cold storage because we live in the middle of nowhere.

He's down 4 stone now and getting clear ectocardiogram things again.

He still eats trash every evening.

I forgot to mention

The point of all the jars/tins in this is that you can whip up a salad lunch even when the fresh stuff is running low.

The actual workflow for putting it together is

keep slicing up bits of fresh stuff till you run out or fill the first half of the plate, fill out the rest of it with bread and fish or a protien alternate.

Hope so. Lovely day out there and I'm back in bed with the pain of it. It's shite, so hopefully the op will sort it.

This just in; the Mr Price lumbar support cushion is a heap of shite

It's gone flat after less than a week of supporting my fat arse
Bought a fancy 50 quid cushion off some medical site

Also rubbish

Just took delivery of an even fancier and more expensive gel-filled one now

Seems better

Also, the solpadine the doc prescribed has such a tiny amount of codeine in it it's laughable. It's like homeopathic codeine. The packet was once in the same room as codeine.

And yet the doc was worried about addiction and overdosing and the pharmacy will only dispenses them in dribs and drabs

I need some oxy

Back surgery rescheduled for July 1st. Weirdly though for the 1st time in a year I've had no pain for the last 3weeks or so. It's like it's healed itself. I've emailed the consultant to see if I should go ahead with the procedure.

Bought a fancy 50 quid cushion off some medical site

Also rubbish

Just took delivery of an even fancier and more expensive gel-filled one now

Seems better

Also, the solpadine the doc prescribed has such a tiny amount of codeine in it it's laughable. It's like homeopathic codeine. The packet was once in the same room as codeine.

And yet the doc was worried about addiction and overdosing and the pharmacy will only dispenses them in dribs and drabs

I need some oxy

Not sure is this is relevant, but opiates / opioids have almost no effect on me unless I'm NUKED by them. You might be in a similar camp?

I've never abused them, never really even used them because they basically don't do anything. Some people have a thing called paradoxical reactions to drugs, where they don't have any or the "normal" effect on the user. Caffeine makes me sleepy. A mate of mine gets insane paranoid delusions if she has barely a sniff of opioids.

Sometimes they partly work. Codeine did stop my coughing, but nothing for pain etc.

I have a feeling this puts me in a fairly low risk for addiction, because I can't be bothered. Might as well be taking sugar pills. Ibuprofen worked better. I think my ex found the jars of them I had left over from surgeries and flogged them to her buddies.

The only thing I did notice was oxy makes me a better cyclist. Like, I'd be out in the rain, bleeding out of my face, 50 miles in, comfortable as fuck thinking I've suddenly managed to get fitness out of nowhere. So that's what I ended up using as pain management; walking or preferably cycling.

Just had my earwax sucked out. £70 for both ears. Last time I was quoted £140.

Sadly it didn't have the life changing affect I thought it would. That's kind of my fault for leaving it for the last three years. Though there was a pandemic lockdown involved as well.

She'll give it another go in a couple of weeks. Even though it's private, there'll be no additional charge. Definitely there's an improvement, but there's a Jack Hackett level of impacted wax in the right ear.

Just had my earwax sucked out. £70 for both ears. Last time I was quoted £140.

Sadly it didn't have the life changing affect I thought it would. That's kind of my fault for leaving it for the last three years. Though there was a pandemic lockdown involved as well.

She'll give it another go in a couple of weeks. Even though it's private, there'll be no additional charge. Definitely there's an improvement, but there's a Jack Hackett level of impacted wax in the right ear.
Where? My GP wouldn't do it for me.

Where? My GP wouldn't do it for me.

The expensive pre lockdown place was here: She certainly talked a good talk. I would have gone for it, lockdown happened:

I actually went here:

Come to the endz bruv, I'll show you around, we can shout at each other.

That q-score is how they decide whether to put you on statins, or at least it's how they decide in my GP surgery. My low blood pressure and high HDLs mean I'm still not on them despite having had high cholesterol for 10 years

That q-score is how they decide whether to put you on statins, or at least it's how they decide in my GP surgery. My low blood pressure and high HDLs mean I'm still not on them despite having had high cholesterol for 10 years
I just got off the phone with my doc. Initially, he wanted me on statins but after my recent test, he reckons it's not as bad as he feared. We went over this Q-score thing together and decided I should lose some weight and get fitter before starting on the statins. We'll see.

Got a cold

Your 10-year QRISK®2 score and QDiabetes® score are: 3.9% and 2.7% respectively.

My cholesterol and BP are fine, but I've a history of diabetes and other kidney issues.
Well done on those scores. Mine are way higher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back