Your Health Is Your Wealth (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 58K
  • Watchers 9
Would you just have a plate of veg for dinner? That's kind of what I'm planning for.
I have done this, but only due to time constraints. Have eased off a bit since march, but Jan/Feb i was eating lots of dinners of baby potatoes + frozen veg. Microwaved the potatoes, then the veg.

I wasn't opposed to putting chefs curry sauce on the spuds.

I have done this, but only due to time constraints. Have eased off a bit since march, but Jan/Feb i was eating lots of dinners of baby potatoes + frozen veg. Microwaved the potatoes, then the veg.

I wasn't opposed to putting chefs curry sauce on the spuds.
Thanks. This sounds doable

IF you are working from home i kinda think breakfast / lunch is the one to target.
In lockdown i had to make everything for myself and UTM (i still do actually) and he was getting dangerously overweight. (almost 5 stone heavier than me, while being 5 inches shorter).

I also realised no matter what i did he'd inevitable snack on cheese all evening every evening so i had to hit him with decent food as early as possible.

There was experimenting but now lunch is the main meal around here. It's a huge salad made of some combo of the below.

Tinned sweetcorn
Jars of gherkins
jars of silverskin onions
Jars of beetroot
Jars of sundried tomoto and artichoke (These are oily, i put them in a strainer over the sink before the plate)

fresh apple (sliced)
fresh cucumber (sliced)
fresh banana (Sliced)
etc

1-2 slices of wholemeal
tuna/sardines/mackerel/salmon

The bulk of it is cold storage because we live in the middle of nowhere.

He's down 4 stone now and getting clear ectocardiogram things again.

He still eats trash every evening.

Oh did I mention I'm having a totally different issue too?
I have an ankle complaint going on 10 years now.
I had my 2nd MRI on it in late march, the first was 2 years ago, that wanted another. Then a follow up appointment in Blanch. In I go with the CD. "Oh we can't look at that... data hack", do you have the report?" "what report?" I said.
Two weeks later (one of which was spent in hospital) and I've another appointment in Blanch tomorrow and they better have my fucking report that I had to go chasing. Stupid thing cost me €260!

You know you're getting old.

IF you are working from home i kinda think breakfast / lunch is the one to target.
In lockdown i had to make everything for myself and UTM (i still do actually) and he was getting dangerously overweight. (almost 5 stone heavier than me, while being 5 inches shorter).

I also realised no matter what i did he'd inevitable snack on cheese all evening every evening so i had to hit him with decent food as early as possible.

There was experimenting but now lunch is the main meal around here. It's a huge salad made of some combo of the below.

Tinned sweetcorn
Jars of gherkins
Jars of beetroot
Jars of sundried tomoto and artichoke (These are oily, i put them in a strainer over the sink before the plate)

fresh apple (sliced)
fresh cucumber (sliced)
fresh banana (Sliced)
etc

1-2 slices of wholemeal

good stuff here

Tinned sweetcorn
Jars of gherkins
Jars of beetroot

fresh apple (sliced)
fresh cucumber (sliced)
fresh banana (Sliced)
etc

1-2 slices of wholemeal

It may be quackery, and it may not, but variation can be very helpful. Not like eat different things all the time (I essentially have the same breakfast every day) but if your diet include a wide variety of things it's good for the state of your gut.

So with AP's list of things above the banana and artichokes are prebiotics which are good for the useful bacteria that you already have in your gut.

Wholegrains are also supposed to be good.

I should probably try to get more fermented foods into my diet. I'm fine with kefir and yogurt but I'm not touching saurkraut or kimchi or any of that shit, Sourdough bread is a sneaky source for this.

I don't know why I waited as long as I did to get one of those wedge-shaped lumbar support cushions.
Early days, but it seems to be making a massive difference.

I see them online for 50 quid but I got mine in Mr. Price at the weekend.
OK, in excruciating pain right now, but for a blissful moment there...

It may be quackery, and it may not, but variation can be very helpful.
I think you are right. The above is kinda the core of what we have, but I be adding whatever is seasonal or takes my fancy - like potato salad or whatever. The above is just what I have in the fridge and pantry and sets up the plate. I do the thing where I just keep chopping stuff into the plate till it's 2/3rd fruit and veg and then fill out with the fish/bread and a bit of Cheese

All the fermented stuff is good. Though a lot of the Kimchi herself concocts is eye-wateringly hot and spicy. I'm not allowed in the kitchen when she makes it, and she makes it with gloves and goggles and a respirator on.

The Kefir doesn't often get mentioned in fashionable circles, glad it was mentioned here. That's basically a hangover cure. Still good though.

my girlfriend got mad into kefir and started trying to make her own, drank it every morning, that kind of thing. I couldn’t stand it, it was like trying to drink weird beer-like evil liquid just after waking up. no thanks.

The veg I ate the two times I lost loads of weight -

cooked:
Broccoli, Celery, Spinach, Cabbage, Sprouts, Carrots, Green Beans (Mange Tout) all in one boiled/simmered for 2-2 1/2 mins pot.

uncooked:
Spinach and Celery again plus Courgettes

also I don't like oily stuff so I'd just swallow 1 or 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil neat from spoon.

at one stage I tried to eat some onion in the boiled veg but I don't like the kind of veg and it was messing up the rest of the pot of veg for me.

so my aim was normal amounts of Beans, Oatmeal, fruit (an apple plus 5 or 10 grapes) and trying to get as much as possible excess stuff in veg.
the problem was it took ages to eat all the veg I needed (up to two hours per day were spent with food in my mouth) and I needed to drink a lot of water to wash all the food down, so I was pissing a lot.

I was eating about four lunch box sized dishes of cooked veg, plus uncooked: 3 or more Courgettes, some sticks of celery and 150 g Spinach.

this worked for me twice but it was so time consuming I eventually gave up both times.

It just tastes like a tangy yogurt to me.
There's water kefir and milk kefir. The milk kefir is like sour yogurt, the water stuff is more beery. We've been making milk kefir for years, though it's mostly just me who consumes it now, everyone else lost interest

Mrs. egg_ gave up making kimchi cos it stank the place out so much. Also I stank the place out when I ate it. Did I tell ye this before? I was playing with a bar band in the basement of Slane Castle after a feed of kimchi and my farts got so bad the drummer puked

Oh did I mention I'm having a totally different issue too?
I have an ankle complaint going on 10 years now.
I had my 2nd MRI on it in late march, the first was 2 years ago, that wanted another. Then a follow up appointment in Blanch. In I go with the CD. "Oh we can't look at that... data hack", do you have the report?" "what report?" I said.
Two weeks later (one of which was spent in hospital) and I've another appointment in Blanch tomorrow and they better have my fucking report that I had to go chasing. Stupid thing cost me €260!

You know you're getting old.
Just back from this.
Happy to report, faith in HSE is still up there. They went to all the lengths to track down the "missing" MRI report and the Doc and the main dude saw me and paid great attention for a more than reasonable amount of time given how busy the place was.
The ankle pain is still a mystery but we're moving on it.

I don't know why I waited as long as I did to get one of those wedge-shaped lumbar support cushions.
Early days, but it seems to be making a massive difference.

I see them online for 50 quid but I got mine in Mr. Price at the weekend.
This just in; the Mr Price lumbar support cushion is a heap of shite

It's gone flat after less than a week of supporting my fat arse

Users who are viewing this thread

• Cornu Ammonis
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back