Your Health Is Your Wealth (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 58K
  • Watchers 9
Am I funky enough..?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I went to a gig last night, which was wierd. Having to stand up in one spot for an extended time was fucking agony. I was barely able to get out of bed this morning.

I went to a gig last night, which was wierd. Having to stand up in one spot for an extended time was fucking agony. I was barely able to get out of bed this morning.
the cat dowling one?
i'd have been there only i had a meeting.

edit; you're not in dublin, are you?

I want one of those suitcases with a seat attached that arch capitalist Tony Benn invented.

Really though, my old boss showed me a couple of stretches, which really helped. My back is always going to hurt, but rest, cod liver oil, stretching, sensibleness and cop on all help.
I had a MAN CHAT with a friend recently. His missus' back pain is so bad that he's seriously considering leaving her. They've been together for years, with a kid, but he's at the end of his tether. She just wants to smoke weed and take painkillers and complain and not listen to any useful advice whatsoever. Back pain is a serious thing, and dealing with it properly is a serious thing. It's good that you're trying to look after yourself.

I want one of those suitcases with a seat attached that arch capitalist Tony Benn invented.

Really though, my old boss showed me a couple of stretches, which really helped. My back is always going to hurt, but rest, cod liver oil, stretching, sensibleness and cop on all help.
I had a MAN CHAT with a friend recently. His missus' back pain is so bad that he's seriously considering leaving her. They've been together for years, with a kid, but he's at the end of his tether. She just wants to smoke weed and take painkillers and complain and not listen to any useful advice whatsoever. Back pain is a serious thing, and dealing with it properly is a serious thing. It's good that you're trying to look after yourself.
That's awful. What a way to end a relationship :(

He'll not leave her, he loves her to bits, and he'll never do anything that might hurt the kid. but I'm glad I had a MAN CHAT with him. He needed it. But her back pain is wrecking her life, and my mates life, and their kids life. It's an awful thing.

That's really sad. I wish I had some useful advice, but I don't

Much better than some alternatives though.

A lifelong mate of mine more or less won't talk to me now because I suggested his partner probably doesn't have magic powers, and might actually be a bit manipulative.

In the meantime she's touring about, giving out about my mate, boy friends all over the shop, telling everyone who'll listen she's divorced.

But yeah I reckon an ended relationship, even if it was a bit grisly, is way better than a bad relationship every day of the week.

That's really sad. I wish I had some useful advice, but I don't
Aye. I haven't seen him since.

I mean, I've never heard him mention that his missus was difficult before, he's put it all down some recent debilitating back injury she's had. But now she's unbearable, screaming and smashing plates and shit like that. She's in so much pain she can't think straight.

I suggested talking to the Samaritans as a psychiatrist would be too expensive. "We're already trying that", he said. I'm like, oh god, well this is really serious. So I hadn't much in the way of advice either.

I kind of did suggest leaving her, as I've been in a similar pickle, but he should take the kid with him. I didn't WANT him to do that of course, but he's in a dire scenario.

Anyway, my backs been wrecked today. Everyone thought I was angry with them, when actually I'm just in pain.

I suggested talking to the Samaritans as a psychiatrist would be too expensive. "We're already trying that", he said. I'm like, oh god, well this is really serious. So I hadn't much in the way of advice either.

I kind of did suggest leaving her, as I've been in a similar pickle, but he should take the kid with him. I didn't WANT him to do that of course, but he's in a dire scenario.
A house containing a constantly stoned mother who screams and smashes crockery is not a healthy place to be bringing up a kid. Doesn't matter what the reason for her behaviour is.

I bet they could access a counsellor/therapist on the NHS - might not be a full-blown psychiatrist, but still could be helpful

A house containing a constantly stoned mother who screams and smashes crockery is not a healthy place to be bringing up a kid. Doesn't matter what the reason for her behaviour is.

I bet they could access a counsellor/therapist on the NHS - might not be a full-blown psychiatrist, but still could be helpful

Takes years sadly. Probably still better than Ireland though.

Couldn't sleep with the back and leg pain so took today off. Still jiggerd. Too sore to do stretches which I'm told will alleviate the pain. What's the best non prescription pain medicine for this?

I would lie on my back and put the bad leg up against the wall, as vertically as possible.

camomile seems to my latest trip this week. and wanging the CBD into me.

Users who are viewing this thread

• G
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back