Your Health Is Your Wealth (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 64K
  • Watchers 9
I don’t think I could get away with not being myself here, I know too many people that would call me out on it. There’s people on this forum that showed up for me at my Mams funeral years ago or checked in with me at the time, which is about as real as things get.
It’s a massive difference here to Facebook where there’s nothing but positivity and “look how amazing things are for me #blessed” that can really fuck up peoples heads.

I am doing a 24 hour charity fast from midnight tonight.
I ate nothing today from 11:30 to 7:30 pm.

I only ate 300g oatmeal and a can of kidney beans plus water today until 7:30.
But since then:
3 cans of Kidney beans and about 750g oatmeal and a litre of soya milk
By 10:45 pm I was so stuffed I didn't want to eat anymore.
Fun while it lasted.

Now water is my only friend for next 24 hours.
Thankfully I luv water!

Just putting food away out of sight now...
Goin' well so far.
My stomach has half disappeared.
I have loads of extra free time and got relatively enjoyable chores done.
It is actually more fun than eating.
I got a reset on how much I NEED to eat v what I actually eat, that I will take forward.
And people were really supportive.
And that's just the bits that benefited me.

This is the bit where you've slipped into thinking everyone else is doing it wrong. People are honest here, and shockingly being honest never going to be constant positivity, but it's a lot more value than sitting about telling each other we are all amazing all day while learning nothing. Nothing worse than being in a room with yes men/women.
I'm not saying anyone's wrong, just making an observation
Mostly informed by one time I said that most people choosing to live with positivity have come from hardship or trauma
This was not a popular opinion
So maybe I've just been working a confirmation bias.

I kinda take issue with your framing above - but it holds with the reaction I received at the time
i.e.
Complaining = truth and honesty.
Positivity = faking and lies.
Aka pain is truth, joy is a lie.

When the reality is they are both just choices we make.
And there is a cumulative effect of always choosing to moan.

Outsider see this about us. They see us as whingers. Adorable whingers, but whingers nonetheless.

1713554185422.png

1713554259754.png

In fairness @Deadmanposting, I’m re-reading that exchange and no one was actually complaining. There was a fairly neutral exchange about numbers versus feelings and then you started posting about only giving us bad news in future and how we always complain. This feels more about you than us. This is not a dig but this is going on ages now and it really does feel like mountain-molehill territory.

I'm not saying anyone's wrong, just making an observation
Mostly informed by one time I said that most people choosing to live with positivity have come from hardship or trauma
This was not a popular opinion
So maybe I've just been working a confirmation bias.

I kinda take issue with your framing above - but it holds with the reaction I received at the time
i.e.
Complaining = truth and honesty.
Positivity = faking and lies.
Aka pain is truth, joy is a lie.

When the reality is they are both just choices we make.
And there is a cumulative effect of always choosing to moan.

Outsider see this about us. They see us as whingers. Adorable whingers, but whingers nonetheless.

View attachment 18569

View attachment 18570
That's just stereotyping that I don't recognise.
I'd say Irish society tolerates lots of bullshit instead of doing anything about it. I am talking about society in general not lifestyle choices.

In fairness @Deadmanposting, I’m re-reading that exchange and no one was actually complaining. There was a fairly neutral exchange about numbers versus feelings and then you started posting about only giving us bad news in future and how we always complain. This feels more about you than us. This is not a dig but this is going on ages now and it really does feel like mountain-molehill territory.
Thanks for your wisdom

A youtube, Unicron?

Yeah, I've been doing ddp yoga for years off DVD's and it's been great for me but I found recently that there's a couple of things where it's helped me less. Specifically shoulders and hips/pelvis so I went looking around on youtube for videos that focused on those areas and I found a channel that had a lot of workouts related to hip mobility

I think she's very good, I wanted to push myself out of my routine and comfort zone and I'm both pleased and disappointed that I'm finding some of her stuff such hard work.

She also has a site, but it's 50 quid a month and I'm not ready to take that kind of plunge, there's stull loads of stuff on her youtube that I still have to get to. I'll probably end up back at DDPY but I'll be able to use the stuff I've learned from her, the little adjustments and movements to get the most from the positions in those routines.

First trip out on the scooters since T1 knocked a tooth out on saturday. T2 fell off. Just a bumped knee thankfully. But I had to carry her home in one arm (500m) sore arm now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back