Your first DIY/underground punk gig? (1 Viewer)

My first was this http://thumped.com/bbs/showthread.p...29-and-30th-october&highlight=harry+callaghan

The remembering Harry Callaghan gig in Dalymount in 2005, I wasn't at the Voodoo gig cos I was 14 but I got to see The Restarts, Coitus, Dread Messiah and the Freebooters. I remember on the Sunday the clocks had gone forward so I ended up down there really early so watched the Celtic match and got hammered. Got me ma to collect me at the end of the night and then fell into the car, she wasn't happy.

Some pics from a burgeoning Janer here:

http://thumped.com/bbs/showthread.php?28283-Harry-Callaghan-weekend-part-1&highlight=harry+callaghan
http://thumped.com/bbs/showthread.p...han-weekend-part-II&highlight=harry+callaghan

My first DIY gig was that Thrash Fest thingy Mero put on in 2002-Dagda, Moutpiece, Knifed, Bastard Youth and Scared Shitless.

My first DIY gig was that Thrash Fest thingy Mero put on in 2002-Dagda, Moutpiece, Knifed, Bastard Youth and Scared Shitless.

Pretty sure I was at that and it was deadly.

My first was probably The Shanks or Voodoo Queens in the Downtown in Letterkenny about 1994. I was 14 so that year was all a bit of a blur for me. The first one I really remember properly was NOMEANSNO, Pet Lamb and Bambi in the Ormond in 96. NOFX in the Mean Fiddler was earlier that year but that wasn't really underground/DIY..

can't remeber which was first either martha's dump truck in some comunity center or trunk in someones basement both woulda been earlyish 90's, first big show i think was rancid/afi in 95? not quite sure on the year

paranoid visions in the ivy rooms, must have been 1983, same day as my cousin got married. My family went to the wedding and then my bro brought me into the gig on the bus and we then headed back to the wedding

Cant remember the first punk gig i went too but the first DIYish gig i went to was in Baldoyle Youth Club mid/late 90's. All the bands were pretty much rock/grunge except for a very young Puget Sound.

Probably a metal/punk gig featuring Judgement/ Violent Phobia , an all ages afternoon gig in Nancy Spains in Cork in 90 or 91

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

mr nipples and the dangleberries, some days better, (r)evolution of a sun (i think) and possibly killing spree in the old giros. All ages gig, got fed buckfast by two old punks and darren spat all over my little sixteen year old bondage shirt when mr. nipples were playing. fucking great. in retrospect may have destroyed my life...

Medulla Nocte, Labrat, 2000 Strong and possibly another band? in Slatterys of Capel Street - 24th June 1999 (I Googled it).
I just remember it all being mental and everyone looking like they were kicking the shite out of each other.

Medulla Nocte, Labrat, 2000 Strong and possibly another band? in Slatterys of Capel Street - 24th June 1999 (I Googled it).
I just remember it all being mental and everyone looking like they were kicking the shite out of each other.

Was just about to post about this gig

KillerKrust in mcgonagls, 87/88 and some other bands, but i just remember the singer from Killerkrust lookin like a 12 year old kid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back