Your first DIY/underground punk gig? (1 Viewer)

allright gary.was at that gig in the museum hall in 87.some shit went down allrite.castle street skins came in ,started some shit and expected to get away with it ,but they didnt and they got a battering and legged it .cops came stopped the gig.never seen so many pig landrovers outside a gig in me life .was a great gig til the shit started and i felt sorry for shane from pink turds cus he had put so much into organising the gig.also felt sorry for paranoid visions at the time cus they only got to play a couple of songs, if my memory serves me right.funnily enough similar shit happened the same year at the beefeater in portadown where boneheads started trouble,and a full riot ensued, again paranoid visions set was cut short.first d.i.y gig i was at was the inflicted in drogheda boxing club mid 80s then shrapnel in the c.i.e. club marlborough st. dublin round the same time.great memories/times.

I remember this gig well...we were just talking about it in an interview 2 weeks ago. Shane lost the head completely with some poor fucker who just happened to have short hair, he was so upset and insensed that the nazi bastards had come down to wreck the gig. I thought it was more to do with paddy bashing rather than punk rock though, they were waiting for the fenian bastards to take the stage before throwing punches at anyone they felt was giving a bunch of southerners the time of day, we got to play one and a half songs. Portadown was worse though, the barman jumped over the bar with a baseball bat and started swinging as soon as we got on the stage, I got to tune my guitar and then it kicked off. Chuck got a severe smacking with it and had to be carried to the coach afterwards. Something similar happened in donegal to us too, we did the entire set and it was a great gig except for the 10 skinheads eyeing everybody up from the corner, then they left about 10 minutes before the end and the athmosphere lifted. But when we got outside we found our van had the windscreen smashed!

paranoid visions -jj smyths-86?87?dont remember very much about it other than it was messy and i thought "new townism" and "death to the poor" were fookin deadly songs!!!!

those jj's gigs were fucking great.

jj used to charge us £80 before the gig to cover the toilet getting smashed in. Every fuckin gig that toilet got smashed, then one night big steve caught the fucker tring to break it and smacked him, he fell onto the sink and promptly knocked it off the wall.

"err jj...good news and bad news...we found the toilet smashing culprit, but the sinks gone now!"

poison girls in the lourdes hall, sean mcdermott street 1981 / 1982. The pivotol moment in my impressionable life!!!
then napalm sunday in the ivy rooms 1983....earth shattering!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back