• Start date
  • Replies 35
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 4

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Solutions
Mine is sittng in me Ma's cortina outside Superquinn in Northside shopping center and Diana Ross's "Theme from Mahogany" was on the radio.
Great tune....
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was about 2 years old and we were on the ferry home from the Isle of Man, it was really stormy, but I remember just leggin' it around the boat, through all the various corridors, and my mam chasing after me. Most people on the boat, including my dad and a lot of the crew were really sea sick, so god knows what could have happened had she not got hold of me.

I just remember having a brilliant time! My mam turns green anytime I mention it.

not sure if it's my earliest memory but i remember being in a room in our house in cork and looking up at a table, which was miles above my head, as was everything else. and i remember my dad being there but only as a pair of legs like parents in cartoons, i might have made that bit up though.

I remember jumping on the sofa in Ballymun, I'd a habit of bringing home stray dogs from the playground, but this one kept trying to bite me. Stupid jack russels!

i remember going to the shop and getting a teddy bear when i was two and a half. its possible i have earlier memories but i know i was two and a half then as i called the teddy Two And A Half.

don't think i installed or activated the update for my memory til i was about 7....honestly earliest memories revolve around Temple Street...was in and out alot coz of me ears and other more self-inflicted stuff.

waking up to find neither of my parents at home but instead my mam's sister who asked me to guess where they were. I was then told they were at the "baby hospital" but I had to wait till my dad got home to find out if I had a brother or sister. I was wearing a white t shirt with red trimmings and wrangler jeans, aged 2 and a half, and being very excited....

Hard to tell if I actually remember it or if the film has caused it but I was 3 and in the back yard. It had recently snowed and my dad had snow-blowed the driveway and made a huge mountain of snow that we could sled down. My brother (9 years older) was sledding too. I run up to the camera and wave then run away. There was even a costume change as I got a full snow suit on.... that's the part I remember. Snow getting caught between my coat and wrist above my mittens. Very cold.

one long blur of different events, some probably dreams I had when very young. Lots of waiting by the phone box in a buggy.

Probably not the earliest, but when in infants, i remember throwing up a perfectly round omelette-like puke on my copybook and it being thrown out. was just reminded of it the other week as a girl in my course threw up on her thesis with the stress.

Being carried into my auntie and uncle's house to see my grandad on his deathbed. We were working it out and i was around 1 so i think that's the earliest.

when i was about 2, covering our red setter completely in sudocream and then trying to get a nappy on him. Dreamt about it for years after. My mam added the rest, saying they put the dog out the back so he wouldn;t ruin all the furnishings, it started lashing sudocream started melting down the poor dog. People walking by scandalised at the poor mistreated dog. he did a legger shortly after.

My granddad's funeral. I was about 2 and a half. I didn't really know him and I think it was the first, and only, time I was in his house. I remember trying to find my Dad and eventually tracking him down in grandad's bedroom and being surprised that grandad wasn't in the bed because I thought dead was like sleeping for a very long time. I also remember someone giving me a china teacup to bring to someone and my Aunt freaking out in case I dropped it. I thought she was very silly at the time.

I didn't drop the cup.

My father going to Brussels and bringing me back one of these.

It was sometime in late 1973. I was 20 months approx.

617px-Manneken_Pis_%28crop%29.jpg

Being in hospital, aged three on my own. Looking around and seeing people I didn't know and being really confused. I was in hospital cos my mother found me with face cream all over my face and presumed I'd drank it. Turned out I was fine

three years old, dressed as (a not discernably female) peter pan, lying on my bed playing with my rag doll who might have been called 'oggy-doggy' even though she wasn't a dog as my dad painted a circus on my bedroom wall.

as wacky as it sounds i really think that peoples first memories tell an awful lot about their personalities.

possibly not even 1 year old. lying in a cot. taking a shit.

or after that, crying for my mommy and daddy and my uncle looking at me as if to say, 'theyre not here ya bollix so shut it'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back