Your desert island METAL tune? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 124
  • Views 6K
  • Watchers 6
Yeah..the drum sound on that record is sensational..

...meanwhile..I want to be addressed as Dr.Love henceforth

What about some Hanoi Rocks (or have I mentioned them?) I was convinced for yerars they were shit,and then was proven so very very wrong.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Now..I have always AUTOMATICALLY assumed Hanoi Rocks were shite...don't know why now tbh

Lets see

Double Edit..Kiss were pushing it..but theres no way this is metal.Of any description

Triple Edit..THEY SUCK

Now I remember why I never liked them..plus..thats some hairstyle yermans rawkin in vid two..

Loada fucking Camdem cobblers

Great chorus that though..Dont Ya ever leave me..I mean ..its fairly crap..but to pull that off live like in thta vid..

I dunno..I smell a rat..a big overdubby rat

Hahaha!! I love them.

Anyway,back to KISS for a minute,

I reckon this is the best Stones cover ever recorded. Ace was the King(!"£$%^&*()

Dynasty is such an overlooked KISS record. Probably because it's the disco one

Iron Maiden with Paul D'ianno. A totally different beast (see what I did there) to the Bruce Dickinson era.

[video=youtube_share;4Kmn_9CILtM]http://youtu.be/4Kmn_9CILtM[/video]

This would be a on the B side.
[video=youtube_share;69SoC9470_I]http://youtu.be/69SoC9470_I[/video]

The first two maiden records were definitely the best. I start to lose interest after Piece of Mind,although there were still some great songs on the next few.

Areed. Killers was the first metal album I ever owned (I think). A guy my dad worked with bought it for me and my brother when I was around 10. It's probably still my favorite metal album. I love alot of the Dickinson stuff. Seventh Son is perfect from beginning to end but it's not for the non-metalhead.

The first two maiden records were definitely the best. I start to lose interest after Piece of Mind,although there were still some great songs on the next few.

Live After Death is the turning point for me. Somewhere in Time is still very good but 7th Son onwards and their albums are still of interest to me but meh. Although A Matter Of Life And Death is pretty good.

[video=youtube_share;sIu6Bn1w988]http://youtu.be/sIu6Bn1w988[/video]Another sad thing is where you give up on a band after a duff second album - just bought a live Overkill album and was blown away by this. The Metal / Melvins kinship in one song - also must have been a big influence on Meshuggah

[video=youtube_share;L6dUW7nlEDI]http://youtu.be/L6dUW7nlEDI[/video]

[video=youtube_share;774GvRN2yKk]http://youtu.be/774GvRN2yKk[/video]

This is how to do death metal properly.

What about some Hanoi Rocks (or have I mentioned them?) I was convinced for yerars they were shit,and then was proven so very very wrong.

Love Hanoi Rocks... they're unfortunately associated with later 80's hair metal even though they were done by 1985 and were definitely a breed apart from that whole thing. I was introduced to them by a Finnish friend in the mid 90's and ( after initially scoffing at the idea of listening to them ) never looked back... SELF DESTRUCTION BLUES and TWO STEPS FROM THE MOVE are faultless... as is the first album of their reformation 12 SHOTS ON THE ROCKS ( they made 3 and quit while they were ahead in 2009 )... Michael Monroe also put out a pretty great record SENSORY OVERDRIVE last year... and when you've got an endorsement from the king then you're obviously on the right track..

lemmymonroenew.jpg

As for Desert Island metal tunes... this one's got my favourite ever metal riff...

I heard a few Hanoi Rocks songs from they got back together and thought they were good. Never got the records though(probably cd only)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back