Your blog. (1 Viewer)

hey, for the people who have wordpress blogs, do you know of any good wordpress theme sites. i know fuck all about them and want something thats fairly customisable and easy to use.
tanks.

posted this on eirecore already, could be of some use to some peeps here too.

A little something I've been planning for a while, gonna be mostly rips of old vinyl, demo's, live recordings, unreleased songs and so on, unfortunately my record player decided to die day after 5 years of loyal service. :mad: Bad timing, but should have some more stuff up during the week.:)

http://diyirishhardcorepunkarchive.blogspot.com/

Anyway if anyone has any stuff they think should be up on this blog just let me know, any good ideas for it either.

Ed 'On 45'

an in anyways dunno if any of you are interested in this, but I just re-did Beaut.ie and built the theme from scratch. Wordpress Theme Design by Tessa Blakeley Silver was a big help in de process.

I'm not done putting it together, but I thought I'd start putting up some posts. I'll get into the swing of it soon enough.

The first few are old articles I did for TD, and I might put up a few more from there, but mostly it'll be original stuff about material culture and whatnot, a mixture of nerdfests and miscellaneous natters about cool shit or stupid shit.

http://ittybittyhearingtrumpet.wordpress.com

Still need to add categories and tags and blogroll and some general info.

aaaaand we sucker another one in!

I'm not done putting it together, but I thought I'd start putting up some posts. I'll get into the swing of it soon enough.

The first few are old articles I did for TD, and I might put up a few more from there, but mostly it'll be original stuff about material culture and whatnot, a mixture of nerdfests and miscellaneous natters about cool shit or stupid shit.

http://ittybittyhearingtrumpet.wordpress.com

Still need to add categories and tags and blogroll and some general info.

aaaaand we sucker another one in!

Ha ha, I already got my first abuse about not being a Eugenically-pure Irish person and as such not entitled to speak about anything related to Ireland.

It's not a strictly Irish blog anyway, but I guess having a Paddy's Day post makes it so.

Why is it that people take the piss out of Americans who claim blind fealty to an Ireland of the imagination, and then abuse the fuck out of anyone who lives here and knows about the reality of it?

Anyway, I will never get a book deal. I will never work again. Apparently. I have just been grappling with the idea that I am a stupid fuck who is not even worth employing to do even the most menial task. So I might as well blog, since I'll never be able to sell it.

Ha ha, I already got my first abuse about not being a Eugenically-pure Irish person and as such not entitled to speak about anything related to Ireland.

It's not a strictly Irish blog anyway, but I guess having a Paddy's Day post makes it so.

Why is it that people take the piss out of Americans who claim blind fealty to an Ireland of the imagination, and then abuse the fuck out of anyone who lives here and knows about the reality of it?

Anyway, I will never get a book deal. I will never work again. Apparently. I have just been grappling with the idea that I am a stupid fuck who is not even worth employing to do even the most menial task. So I might as well blog, since I'll never be able to sell it.

Thank you Gambra I can speak for myself here.

Jane,I apologise if I led you to believe in my comment on your blog that I don't consider you to be less than a eugenically pure Irish person,that was not my intention.I was under(the obviously)misguided impression that you were an American.Again I apologise.

I am compelled to say though,that I take extreme umbridge at the fact that you come on to this forum and refer to my legitimate comment (that I was invited to make)on your blog in such a fashion as to imply that I am a person who would be concerned with such bunkum as eugenics.You might as well just call me a nazi.
That is borderline slanderous in my opinion and well below a person of your obvious intelligence.

Furthermore if you can't stand the heat(and I am radiating only slightly)I would advise you to consider your position in the kitchen.

Thank you Gambra I can speak for myself here.

Jane,I apologise if I led you to believe in my comment on your blog that I don't consider you to be less than a eugenically pure Irish person,that was not my intention.I was under(the obviously)misguided impression that you were an American.Again I apologise.

I am compelled to say though,that I take extreme umbridge at the fact that you come on to this forum and refer to my legitimate comment (that I was invited to make)on your blog in such a fashion as to imply that I am a person who would be concerned with such bunkum as eugenics.You might as well just call me a nazi.
That is borderline slanderous in my opinion and well below a person of your obvious intelligence.

Furthermore if you can't stand the heat(and I am radiating only slightly)I would advise you to consider your position in the kitchen.

I didn't know it was you.

And anyway, my post had nothing to do with my being American, but your reaction to it did.

Jaysus.

Seriously, you can troll my blog but I'm not required to respond to blog trolls on the blog comments, and I'm not banned from saying that someone was already abusive about my nationality. Even if I point it out somewhere else.

But WTF does my being American have to do with anything? The only reason I'm not a citizen here is because of this country's completely fucking bollocks immigration 'system'. Even if I were a citizen, I still wouldn't be 'Irish'.

So what does where I was born have to do with anything?

Fucking hell.

I know what your saying in point 2 is rhetorical,but I want to make it clear that I took no piss outta you or did I abuse the fuck outta you.I simply stated that I thought what you wrote is trash.If you want me to outline why I thought that, I will gladly send you a comprehensive critique.Although I will say for the record that it smacked of reactionary middle class fear and was predjudiced in no small amount by your perception of the auld sod begorrah.

None of this matters anyway and I did'nt come here for a fight.You have every right to say what you want and I applaud that.I've never met you but from reading thumped I am sure you're not an unemployable stupid fuck and you should'nt be banging on like that.

I didn't know it was you.

And anyway, my post had nothing to do with my being American, but your reaction to it did.

Jaysus.

Seriously, you can troll my blog but I'm not required to respond to blog trolls on the blog comments, and I'm not banned from saying that someone was already abusive about my nationality. Even if I point it out somewhere else.

But WTF does my being American have to do with anything? The only reason I'm not a citizen here is because of this country's completely fucking bollocks immigration 'system'. Even if I were a citizen, I still wouldn't be 'Irish'.

So what does where I was born have to do with anything?

Fucking hell.

I take it back about you not being irish.It was a cheap shot.I'm sorry.I know that has nothing to do with your perception.I have no idea why I became so defensive.Except for the fact that you were mining a seem of tawdryness that is surely all but exhausted.

I was'nt trolling you.I would never do that to anybody.I could'nt be arsed, but you did leave a spot for comments and I left you mine.

I know what your saying in point 2 is rhetorical,but I want to make it clear that I took no piss outta you or did I abuse the fuck outta you.I simply stated that I thought what you wrote is trash.If you want me to outline why I thought that, I will gladly send you a comprehensive critique.Although I will say for the record that it smacked of reactionary middle class fear and was predjudiced in no small amount by your perception of the auld sod begorrah.

None of this matters anyway and I did'nt come here for a fight.You have every right to say what you want and I applaud that.I've never met you but from reading thumped I am sure you're not an unemployable stupid fuck and you should'nt be banging on like that.

Actually, I'm pretty sure we have met.

And besides, the post was a fucking jokey thing about how Paddy's Day is fucking amateur night. It's not reactionary middle class fear, it's fucking everyone on Paddy's Day who goes out and acts like a twat. What I posted was no fricking different than what's on just about every other post/article/commentary about Paddy's Day. You're the one who made it all about class.

You chose to pick on my nationality instead of actually making an argument, and you also knew me from Thumped and know full well that it would really upset me because you already fucking knew that I've been here a long time. That's fucking lame of you to do.

If you were someone who *didn't* know me off thumped, then you'd just be another troll who thinks it's fun to pick on people for saying exactly what half the country is saying.

My perception comes from living here for ten years. You think yours is somehow more valid than mine, which it isn't, and you're the one who read all that other shit into it. It's fine if you think my perspective isn't as valid as yours, but then you are not applauding my right to be here, to say what I want, and you certainly don't think I'm part of 'your' society.

And considering that you've called yourself 'begorrah' today and are generally being your own paddywhackery minstrel show...

Ireland for the Irish, etc.

You didn't come here for a fight, that's fine. But that doesn't mean I should just be okay with your ignorance.

Checkmate1.gif

I stand humbled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back