You know you're getting old.... (8 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

you know you are getting old power ballad

saw them in Las Vegas many many years ago when they were a comedy metal covers band called Metal Shop and IN FAIRNESS they were claaaassssss

A Zimbabwean friend said that someone said he looked younger than his actual years.

I offered, unadvisedly, "Well, they say black don't crack mate".

By which I meant that, since he's got a lot more melanin in his skin than I do, he has less wrinkles and saggy skin. He is quite a bit older than me. I didn't think it was a terribly bad thing to say, but he didn't like it, he's mixed race (his own words), so I guess there's a bit of history there. And he spoke eruditely about it for a bit. When it all goes totally to shit, we need to look after each other, black, white, whatever.

But then he said, "when my son comes to visit, he'll look at you (as in me), and assume that you are about 60 years old. Whereas I know you are only in your forty's. This age thing and black don't crack and that, I don't like it at all. it doesn't matter."

I'm 39 you dickhead.

A Zimbabwean friend said that someone said he looked younger than his actual years.

I offered, unadvisedly, "Well, they say black don't crack mate".

By which I meant that, since he's got a lot more melanin in his skin than I do, he has less wrinkles and saggy skin. He is quite a bit older than me. I didn't think it was a terribly bad thing to say, but he didn't like it, he's mixed race (his own words), so I guess there's a bit of history there. And he spoke eruditely about it for a bit. When it all goes totally to shit, we need to look after each other, black, white, whatever.

But then he said, "when my son comes to visit, he'll look at you (as in me), and assume that you are about 60 years old. Whereas I know you are only in your forty's. This age thing and black don't crack and that, I don't like it at all. it doesn't matter."

I'm 39 you dickhead.

Cracker of a story

I'm at dinner with mostly black people tonight
And I've gotta bring a dish of food
I'm in a bit of torment - I don't think Caucasian food has a high reputation among the African people
I imagine they'll be sneakily slinging hot sauce into it the second my eyes are turned

My nose gets runny eating fucking Doritos

I was in the city centre ((Dublin) for the first time in 3 years in November. And I don't really care if I ever see it again. (I'm sure I will) didn't really miss it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back