You know you're getting old.... (4 Viewers)

Ach, do we really care about this? Life, liberty and the hirsute of happiness
At least I am more honest than the body shavers!
Hair song
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

even though I've been aware of these German lads since the 90's, I don't think I heard them until now.
the 90's were indeed shit - first decade where people (my generation) wholescale ran out of new ideas for music.

In the 90's electronic music equipment became more accessible and all the new creative stuff was there

I generally strongly support the idea that masses given the chance will make amazing music.
BUT... there is one exception IMO:
from the explosion of electronic music in the early 80's there was an awful decline in that genre.

I could listen to KID BALTAN, The GRM folks, BBC Radiophonic folks, FRANCOIS BAYLE, TOD DOCKTADER, CONRAD SCHNTIZLER, CLUSTER, SUZANNE CIANI, COSMIC JOKERS, TANGERINE DREAM, THROBBING GRISTLE, CABARET VOLTAIRE, DAF and lots of others all day. but I haven't heard anything better than that.
I seem to like nearly any old electronic music.

I've also listened to plenty of great noise / industrial stuff but that was well established by the 90's
yeah the odd noisy techno, breakcore and digital hardcore etc. thing is good but there's a lot of lesser stuff to wade through. and a lot of it only seems to sound powerful on a big sound system.

I never liked 90's ambient stuff and it sounds dated now.
but again maybe I never heard the best stuff....

Or, in keeping with the thread title, the 90s was when you got old. There's been amazing electronic music made literally every year since 1990, music that pushes boundaries and constantly mutates.
give me some suggestions and I will listen to them.

a few warnings though:
try and come up with something I am unlikely to have heard the likes of.
also if anything sounds like something that already existed decades ago or is a watering down of something I will say so.
and Donal Dineen type stuff is generally safe and boring in my eyes.

I generally strongly support the idea that masses given the chance will make amazing music.
BUT... there is one exception IMO:
from the explosion of electronic music in the early 80's there was an awful decline in that genre.

I could listen to KID BALTAN, The GRM folks, BBC Radiophonic folks, FRANCOIS BAYLE, TOD DOCKTADER, CONRAD SCHNTIZLER, CLUSTER, SUZANNE CIANI, COSMIC JOKERS, TANGERINE DREAM, THROBBING GRISTLE, CABARET VOLTAIRE, DAF and lots of others all day. but I haven't heard anything better than that.
I seem to like nearly any old electronic music.

I've also listened to plenty of great noise / industrial stuff but that was well established by the 90's
yeah the odd noisy techno, breakcore and digital hardcore etc. thing is good but there's a lot of lesser stuff to wade through. and a lot of it only seems to sound powerful on a big sound system.

I never liked 90's ambient stuff and it sounds dated now.
but again maybe I never heard the best stuff....
I heard unbelievable afro futuristic electronic music at Notting Hill carnival. Sounds I had never heard before nor could have imagined ..and there was loads of it a.. and I was one of the oldest cats I saw that day

The day before I was at a garage rock fest and not a single riff was less than 30 years old ..I was one of the youngest cats at it

Both great days of music

I heard unbelievable afro futuristic electronic music at Notting Hill carnival. Sounds I had never heard before nor could have imagined ..and there was loads of it a.. and I was one of the oldest cats I saw that day

The day before I was at a garage rock fest and not a single riff was less than 30 years old ..I was one of the youngest cats at it

Both great days of music
Will look up who was at Notting Hill Carnival👍

A college friend I haven't spoken to in a while a little messaged me earlier. I casually said I hope all is well and he replied that he's currently in hospital having had two minor heart attacks. He's younger than me.

I'm making a doctors appointment later.

ve2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back