You know you're getting old.... (2 Viewers)

Yeah but I’d rather avoid a situation where discovery of my unsanctioned solution for dealing with potential temporary power cuts leads to my supply being cut off “for safety reasons”.

I'm talking about something like this
Automatic grid disconnect switch:
Amazon product ASIN B08CF1Z3W4
Once it's got EU safety certs there's nothing unsafe about it,

It automatically switches depending on mains status.
If mains fails it switches to battery and disconnects from grid. And then reverts automatically.

Fuck their legalities, it's completely safe and no one would know

If you have solar panels and your own batteries and your house is connected to the grid and there’s a power cut you can’t use your own supply to power your house….

They can fuck off with their laziness and greed. The sooner they let people do this, there'll be less drain on grid and would reduce risk of blackouts. Just means they make less money so yeah, fuck them

isn't the issue that if there's a general outage and if you're still generating, and your house doesn't immediately disconnect from the network, you can cause damage in your neighbours houses etc.?

Coming home and having a camomile tea and a couple (well, four) squares of chocolate. And half listening to BBC4.

There was a pub in between finishing work and coming home, but still.

isn't the issue that if there's a general outage and if you're still generating, and your house doesn't immediately disconnect from the network, you can cause damage in your neighbours houses etc.?

Worse, you could kill Engineers fixing the issue. So yeah, a proper certified automatic disconnect switch is required

At work today there was two agency boys. They were rubbish in the way that most (but certainly not all) young lads are.

Anyway. after several hours of us being in the same room together, they decided to break the ice, by asking me "Bruv, help me settle this argument I'm having with my brethren here: What do you think is worse, ecstasy or xanax?".
"Well, they're both bad, but I'm older than you, so I would say ecstasy, it wrecked my home town in the 90's and the early 00's".
The blankness of their stares, the 90's? what's that? What could be wrong with ecstasy?

I dunno, maybe E is of a better quality these days.

Ecstasy is one of the safest recreational drugs out there. Most of the “I took one E and I died and then it killed my boyfriend” stories were driven by media and advertising campaigns paid for by the alcohol industry as they were losing sales in clubs because people switched to MDMA and drank water all night. Most deaths attributed to MDMA usually involve other drugs taken simultaneously and fewer people die from MDMA than they do from horse riding each year (the fraction of MDMA users who die is absolutely tiny).

Xanax probably has less side effects but can be quite addictive.

Ecstasy is one of the safest recreational drugs out there. Most of the “I took one E and I died and then it killed my boyfriend” stories were driven by media and advertising campaigns paid for by the alcohol industry as they were losing sales in clubs because people switched to MDMA and drank water all night. Most deaths attributed to MDMA usually involve other drugs taken simultaneously and fewer people die from MDMA than they do from horse riding each year (the fraction of MDMA users who die is absolutely tiny).

Xanax probably has less side effects but can be quite addictive.

My problem with any of these drugs isn't the drug, it's the other shite that's mixed in with it.
Like, I've done enough chemistry to know it's hard to get a compound right and fairly pure. And I've known enough dealers to know they aren't all 100% honest about everything.

Maybe the synthesis of MDMA is easy, I've never looked into it, but even if it was I'd still be leery of the idea you'd trust some punter working in a shipping container in Belarus to not fuck it up.

Supply chain lads are looking at the product thinking "if I lob all this shit in with these pills, I can make 10 times the money".

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back