You know you're getting old.... (3 Viewers)

ees8wjno9vv41.jpg

I slacked off cycling for a few months and am up 5kg. I know this isn't much but anyone who knows me my 3d form knows I'm basically a metabolically accelerated skeleton with a thin coat of meat. Ann post SNR warned me about the metabolic slowdown too.

Will have to drink shots instead of cans for a few weeks

One month back cycling - back to my ballpark usual average kinda weight. Still drink cans though.

Maybe they should make all the items being bought contactless too. That would would help stop the spread too.

Im well aware of the push to contactless,but its not something i want to encourage.

A wee heads up. Was talking to a new York friend and they said when there was a blackout there for a few days if you didn't have cash you were fucked, so a little cash to see out a day or two isn't the worst backup plan

speaking of which, this is a good primer on how disastrous an outage can be if the grid goess offline:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If you have solar panels and your own batteries and your house is connected to the grid and there’s a power cut you can’t use your own supply to power your house….

Indeed you can. Just not officially (or maybe legally?)

As long as you have a set up that's prove-able with safety back up/ redundancy built in obviously

Yeah but I’d rather avoid a situation where discovery of my unsanctioned solution for dealing with potential temporary power cuts leads to my supply being cut off “for safety reasons”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back