You know you're getting old.... (9 Viewers)

Yes it's an odd one

I mean in fairness I loved it when I was about 12/13 and I had no frame of reference for coffee shops or New York or living away from my parents

I thought the kids thought Friends was intensely problematic what with all the fat shaming, homophobia, transphobia and only white people.

I thought the kids thought Friends was intensely problematic what with all the fat shaming, homophobia, transphobia and only white people.
Yeah it's funny* tho and my theory is that it's a lot easier to watch something you know couldn't happen now and just enjoy it as already cancelled funny nonsense rather than risk having a breakdown worrying about the politics of a show every time you watch a new episode.

*whether you or I think it's funny is neither here nor there,many people think it's funny.

I hated that Friends shite in the 90's and I still think its terrible. The only thing I liked about it was Jennifer Aniston's refusal to wear a bra
I arrived to the show like many a 13 yr old due to how well she looked circa season 2. But I do think it was a relatively smart sitcom in the early days that just became increasingly blah, anti-intellectual and consumer-obsessed. It basically turned into Sex and the City before it existed.

Actual kids don't give a shit about this. I think the people that generally obsess about that sort of stuff are in their late 20s to early 40s, so not actually kids. Cancel culture is generally an older person thing. Just look at the Versatile controversy from a few months back, look at the people that were writing the think pieces versus who's actually listening to Versatile. Most of their fans are 14 and are just listening to it for shock value (like our generation would have done with Eminem, Marilyn Manson or Slayer) and it's working.

Actual kids don't give a shit about this. I think the people that generally obsess about that sort of stuff are in their late 20s to early 40s, so not actually kids. Cancel culture is generally an older person thing. Just look at the Versatile controversy from a few months back, look at the people that were writing the think pieces versus who's actually listening to Versatile. Most of their fans are 14 and are just listening to it for shock value (like our generation would have done with Eminem, Marilyn Manson or Slayer) and it's working.

People in their late 20's are kids to me.

And now I'm depressed.

Trying to figure out college courses and grants for the sprog.
Being supportive is extremely frustrating.

Actual kids don't give a shit about this ... Just look at the Versatile controversy from a few months back
Can confirm this. I was in a musical (Oliver) during the summer, and as a result spent a fair bit of time with teenagers. All of them loved Versatile, and didn't give a flying fuck about the media kerfuffle

I was watching TV with the niece & nephew (8 & 10) and Michael D Higgins was on. I said I would love to slap him on the top of his head. They weren’t impressed. “It’s not nice to make fun of people” ect…Kids are much more PC these days. I was watching the Benny Hill show when I was their age and it didn’t do me any harm.

Can confirm this. I was in a musical (Oliver) during the summer, and as a result spent a fair bit of time with teenagers. All of them loved Versatile, and didn't give a flying fuck about the media kerfuffle

I think probably the most shocking thing for a lot of people around that whole thing was the realisation that they're now the adults that kids are trying to piss off.

Yes it's an odd one

I mean in fairness I loved it when I was about 12/13 and I had no frame of reference for coffee shops or New York or living away from my parents
It was an godawful then as it is now, let’s be honest.

Itching to fire up this baby this weekend
View attachment 13083

all the chain oil - also if possible run it dry of fuel if you are going to store it a few months, it preserves the carburettor. the fuel expands and contracts in the day cycle of temperature and sucks in moisture that turns into condensation. theres probably a chain tightening ritual with that little chainsaw aswell every few uses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back