You know you're getting old.... (2 Viewers)

At least one set of parents in my kids' school were in PRIMARY SCHOOL when my first kid was born, i.e., they're far closer in age to her than to me. When I was getting the (smaller) kids to cross the road all at the same time, the dad said "Okay", as if I was including him as one of the kids.

I'm becoming increasingly more irritated by loud people as I get older. Especially in the office, but I guess generally in life. I just don't understand people who yell all the time, or who have private conversations taht go on for 40 minutes right beside my desk. Like, bitch, get a meeting room. Its not even so much irritability as noisey people making me genuinely anxious. But also irritable .

When you hear A New England on the radio, and Billy Bragg tells you he was 21 years when he wrote that song, and you stare into vast yawning abyss between now and when you yourself were in your 20s and first heard the song, and you have to concentrate pretty hard so as not to cry
Time hurries on,
and the leaves that are green turn to brown.
And they wither with the wind,
And they crumble in your hand.

Back in the day I thought "Beverly Craven was a nice but of posh totty" I thought she was a very attractive middle aged lady and had "Summer of 42" daydreams

My shock when I saw this video on youtube the other day

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was in Smyths the other day and saw that they were selling a Friends lego set where you built the Central Perk cafe. Me and 1 of the women in work were wondering who the hell would want such a thing, we kind of assumed it was middle aged virgins. Then I brought my kids to football training on Saturday and saw loads of kids wearing Friends t shirts. I didn't realise this was a thing with young people.

I was in Smyths the other day and saw that they were selling a Friends lego set where you built the Central Perk cafe. Me and 1 of the women in work were wondering who the hell would want such a thing, we kind of assumed it was middle aged virgins. Then I brought my kids to football training on Saturday and saw loads of kids wearing Friends t shirts. I didn't realise this was a thing with young people.
Yes it's an odd one

I mean in fairness I loved it when I was about 12/13 and I had no frame of reference for coffee shops or New York or living away from my parents

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back