You know you're getting old.... (2 Viewers)

Spare a thought for the Pigeon detectives.
They didn't go to school in Switzerland. Pool auld divils. Never hurt anyone. Just trying to earn a living.

I prefer room on fire to the debut.

I'd say the strokes all have really bad feet now.
There's no support in those converse. It's like wearing slippers outside.
Those skinny jeans can also cause circulation problems.

Last edited:
When you can no longer finish a takeaway.

Yesterday I got a Subway BMT. I ate half of it. Couldn't finish it, partially because I was busy, partially because it's not actually very nice, partially because I'm old and I know what it'll do to me.

The second half of it was a life saver this morning, even though it tasted like spiced cardboard.

But maybe four years ago, I was in a Subway for some reason and I said aloud to the missus "Maybe I'll just get a six-inch".
She was like, you can't say that. What's the point of going to Subway for a six inch.

And then there was this little, maybe 11 year old kid there, there was only the three of us on this side of the counter. He kisses teeth (which if you don't know, is as insulting as it gets), and then he says " six inch. bruv, PUSSYHOLE".

ok I'll have a 12" then.

This kid was genuinely offended that I might consider the NOT MAXIMUM amount of food.

I was going to buy an issue of hot press the other day, because I haven't in years & I was wondering what bands and films they writing about now, seeing that most of it is underwhelming. Do they still have that outrageous and controversial sex column? Are they still interviewing politicians and asking them if they have every smoked cannabis and what they listen to on their iPod?. Is Stuart Clarke still taking drugs and getting penis piercings? Is there a hip young writer who thinks they are Hunter Thompson?

1 Buying a magazine OLD
2 Thinking most new music is Meh OLD
3 Thinking most new films are shit.....they are OLD
4 having a go at people who think they are being edgy.OLD. More bitter than old.

After all that...I didn't buy it.

Last edited:
I was going to buy an issue of hot press the other day, because I haven't in years & I was wondering what bands and films they writing about now, seeing that most of it is underwhelming. Do they still have that outrageous and controversial sex column? Are they still interviewing politicians and asking them if they have every smoked cannabis and what they listen to on their iPod?. Is Stuart Clarke still taking drugs and getting penis piercings? Is there a hip young writer who thinks they are Hunter Thompson?

1 Buying a magazine OLD
2 Thinking most new music is Meh OLD
3 Thinking most new films are shit.....they are OLD
4 having a go at people who think they are being edgy.OLD. More bitter than old.

After all that...I didn't buy it.
I only realised 'Hot Press' was a pun last year. I have seen about 6 issues of it (over 30 years). amazed it is still going.

It's a pun? I still don't get it. I liked it at one time, it was the only place.I knew for reasonably comprehensive lists of gigs (that I couldn't really go to at the time) and for a sense that some people might tolerate miscellaneous misfits (gays, atheists, mental illness etc). I suppose the internet and the need to fund it's own existence made it pointless.

I've not looked at it for years, but i'd love about 2 years and a big mountain of funding to develop music writing / media in ireland. It's in a rut, sorta.

Fair play to HP for lasting this long....

There's an interview with M(h)aol on the site.

Good looking band, A bit controversial and confrontational. Rapes, & periods and all sorts going on.
I was shaken, but I'm okay now

Last edited:
i watched a video the other night about rory gallagher and realised he was only a couple of months older than me when he died.
I remember this coming to mind when I turned 47. I was in my 20s when he died and had no comprehension of what being 47 was. It seemed so much older at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back