You know you're getting old.... (2 Viewers)

The Beatles were kind of punks in Hamburg, no?
John Lennon yelling his absolute tonsils off in Twist & Shout in 19flippin62

Who was it?
AIR SUPPLY - I'm All Out Love was the best call.

I called myself Sugar Plum Fairy on another forum because with all the noise grinders on there it was the most rebellious thing I could come up with.

I actually find this all quite interesting.

In and around my local, there's loads of younglings who would call themselves punks. I say in and around because a lot of them drink cans around the corner and then come into the pub to watch free live punk music. Which I don't think is punk.

There's loads of olders too, who I seem to gravitate more to (maybe I'm getting old). They certainly all have had more punkish lives than any of the younglings. The olders may not look like punks now, but the drinks they pay for at the bar pay for everything else. I'd like it if the younglings bought at least one pint. Then they'd at least have a glass that they could use to pour their cans into, and then think no one has noticed. Amateurs. Amateur Punks.

A while ago I was working with a (when he was young) very punky boss, and there was a punky looking youngling doing punky looking things working next to us. My boss went "I bet you know so-and-so person who is about your age that we know". Young man was impressed.
"Yeah I do actually, how did you know that?"
"Well you're wearing the uniform"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back