You know you're getting old.... (6 Viewers)

When each day I have some form of niggle and need to take weeks off climbing / football. Suddenly sufferering with a meniscus tear from kicking a football!

Waiting for a call from the doc to refer me for an MRI scan to see what is going on with my back.

♪♪But thinking young
And growing older
Is no sin...la la la ♪

I was in the hospital hooked up to a heart monitor for a few hours on Friday evening so they could make sure my irregular heartbeat wasn't immediately dangerous (it wasn't). Was talking to John-out-of-Stoat about it last night and mentioned it might be atrial fibrillation, and he knew what I meant. We're old enough now to know the names of heart conditions. Fuck this

They're the holy relics of the 21st century - people value them (for now), and because of that you can make money by trading in them. They're intrinsically meaningless, but that doesn't mean they're going anywhere

(I'm keeping well away from them though FWIW)

The point of collectibles as an investment is their scarcity and the fact that they'll probably become more scarce as time goes on i.e. The condition of other items deteriorate because the action figure is taken out of the box ad played with, or people throw out their panini albums and all of a sudden your Cristiano Ronaldo sticker from his debut season at Manchester United is one of the fewer ones in circulation.

I fail to see the appeal or point of collecting for investment something that can be reproduced perfectly limitlessly. Even if you're collecting just to have it part of the appeal of collecting is the accumulation of stuff, you have a thing that others don't.

All people are buying with NFTs is an entry in a database, or however it is that blockchain keeps a record of things.

I really hate when I drop something and have to pick it up now. Have thought about getting one of those helping hand things.

i was thinking this could go well with the electric boot

0115.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back