You know you're getting old.... (2 Viewers)

Pillow Queens, Kneecap, Aoife Nessa Frances and PowPig are all my bag. There's an awful lot of well-produced stuff coming out of Ireland that does nothing for me but has a fairly big following. Yer Kojaque's and Jafaris and Adam Garrett etc.

I'd say follow Dean's columns in the Dublin Inquirer if you want to keep up with a lot of this stuff

Also, this thread has gone way off topic. I spent a good portion of last Saturday watching videos on the best way to plant grass seed because we've loads of bare patches in our garden. I planted some and it's actually starting to grow. I'm way more excited about that than I should be.

Got excited about the JCB out fixing the driveway because it's fixing the driveway rather than because it's a JCB.

Pillow Queens, Kneecap, Aoife Nessa Frances and PowPig are all my bag. There's an awful lot of well-produced stuff coming out of Ireland that does nothing for me but has a fairly big following. Yer Kojaque's and Jafaris and Adam Garrett etc.

I'd say follow Dean's columns in the Dublin Inquirer if you want to keep up with a lot of this stuff

I’ve moved the rest of the pillow queens chats to a new thread

been some great irish albums in the last 2 years.

to AnnPost's point - music (of any genre or timeperiod) will never have the impact it has on you in your late teens/early 20s, because its an element in such a formative period of your life. Even people who don't like music (well not to the level of us nerds on thumped)will still get all teary when wonderwall comes on...

Learned N17 there recently while buzzing around Connemara with the kids in the car, but couldn't really sing it properly cos I kept choking up. "I know that things will be changed or gone if I ever get home again". A week later had my first ever panic attack. I hope this is pandemic blues rather than the start of an actual real mid-life crisis

Learned N17 there recently while buzzing around Connemara with the kids in the car, but couldn't really sing it properly cos I kept choking up. "I know that things will be changed or gone if I ever get home again". A week later had my first ever panic attack. I hope this is pandemic blues rather than the start of an actual real mid-life crisis

Its funny - I have exactly the same response to a couple of their songs.
there is something massively of their place and time about the sawdoctors, (rural ireland late 80s-mid 90s) - which only has become apparent to me with the passage of time, and although I would have sneered at them as a teenager, I'd be more likely to turn them up in the car than a lot of bands

been some great irish albums in the last 2 years.

to AnnPost's point - music (of any genre or timeperiod) will never have the impact it has on you in your late teens/early 20s, because its an element in such a formative period of your life. Even people who don't like music (well not to the level of us nerds on thumped)will still get all teary when wonderwall comes on...

Yeah I'd a few years of kinda ignoring music but now I'm almost vampirically enjoying *their* youth.

i drove down the n17 from sligo, on the way to portumna a couple of weeks back. couldn't help but notice the stone walls and green grass along the way. never a fan of the saw doctors but felt nostalgic all the same. also, the north west of the country is absolutely spectacular.

I know all these words but this sentence makes no sense to me

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I know what they're saying and they're wrong, they're trying to be mad specific and turn everyone into 100 Gecs. A more accurate description is "he wrote a guitar pop song that could have been a hit in the malls anytime from 1996-2008"

Well i was gonna say, i hardly call this either rapping or whining, just... pretty average singing? But fair play to him anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back