You know you're getting old.... (4 Viewers)

I'm told the queues for the shops round here are insane today.
Really bad last night. We were doing our once weekly shop and a total grabby air of panic going on, it must be a mixture of bank holiday and realization that restrictions will continue. I don't really get it because it's not like there's actual shortages of anything important going on.

I love the doors. One of the many great bands of the 60's.
Maybe liking the doors is a sign of being old.

I'd rank them.

1 Strange Days
2 Morrison Hotel
3 The Doors
4 LA woman
5 Waiting for the sun
6 The soft parade

They recorded two albums after Morrison died. It's a long time since I listened to them. Unremarkable bar band blues rock if I remember right.

Last edited:
I had a listen to Drake's new "song" Toosie slide. Breaking all sorts of records for most plays on the interyoke.
It's piss poor. So paper thin it barely exists.
It's like he had a bet with someone that he could make up any old shit in a few minutes, put it out there & it would still be a hit. He won.

I love the doors. One of the many great bands of the 60's.
Maybe liking the doors is a sign of being old.

I'd rank them.

1 Strange Days
2 Morrison Hotel
3 The Doors
4 LA woman
5 Waiting for the sun
6 The soft parade

They recorded two albums after Morrison died. It's a long time since I listened to them. Unremarkable bar band blues rock if I remember right.
I LOVE the Doors . One of my fave ever . LA woman is my top choice

Really. I thought it was their weakest album with Jimbo.

You know getting old when someone younger asks if your into Drake & you say "Nick Drake?"

Really. I thought it was their weakest album with Jimbo.

You know getting old when someone younger asks if your into Drake & you say "Nick Drake?"
Honestly prefuse, you know you're getting old when you're only discovering Drake now. He hasn't been cool since about 2015.

We stuck our heads out the bathroom window for a sneaky smoke. How youthful and rebellious we thought.

I could hear one of the neighbours hoovering, and I thought "huh, they've got a Zanussi 1800, same as ours".

Users who are viewing this thread

• S
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back