yahoo email account problem (1 Viewer)

quaidox

i seem to have a problem with my yahoo.co.uk mail account where sending a mail to this account from certain comapanies fail. two of the companies i know of are hotmail and irish life and permanent. i receive mail into the yahoo account no problem other than that.
anyone else have a problem like this before??

i'm gonna send a mail again from my hotmail account and see what it says in the delivery failure message and post it up here.
if yahoo thinks the mails are spam i would get them in my spam box in my yahoo account surely, as a ton of stuff goes in there every day, and all of em are spam.
i used to be able to forward from my hotmail to yahoo account until recently, but now it's stopped working. surely it cannot be a dns lookup issue with massive companies like yahoo and hotmail??

i've had trouble with my yahoo filters of late
as in spam filters, etc? i don't have any set up, apart from the default one.
i still have not received a delivery failure message into my hotmail account from the mail i sent to yahoo.co.uk last night, and have not received the mail yet either.

would you believe it, i received the test mail into my yahoo mail today!! ffs! still, at least it's working now. not exactly running right, but at least it's working, albeit a bit too bleedin slowly!

does anyone else use the yahoo mail mobile site at http://m.yahoo.com/mail? i used to be able to use this, it looked decent enough but now i get redirected all the time to http://ie.m1.yahoo.com/p/mail which is the poxy old fashioned mobile version. also any time i go to the yahoo homepage on a pc i get directed to a really really shit looking mobile version of the page. thats no big deal really as i only go to yahoo.com to click the mail link.

I use it, they've updated their mobile homepage or something and i'm totally disorientated. I'm currently putting 'mobile mail' into their search and it's the first result, which is hardly ideal but works

I've used yahoo mail since 1997. I even used to pay for the premium service. I'm thinking of going over to google mail cos these new yahoo mail changes are bullshit.

I've used yahoo mail since 1997. I even used to pay for the premium service. I'm thinking of going over to google mail cos these new yahoo mail changes are bullshit.

amen. i've also used it 10+ years and used to pay etc, but have made the switch to google because Yahoo have ballsed their mail up spectacularly. what i like about google is that you can have it check your old yahoo account, and you can reply to emails as if you were replying from that yahoo account.

what i like about google is that you can have it check your old yahoo account, and you can reply to emails as if you were replying from that yahoo account.

you can? how?

I actually really like yahoo mail when i use it on a computer, and have a strong dislike for gmail which i find shitty and gammy. i particularly dislike that "conversations" feature (or whatever its called) that makes it so easy to not see your new mails.

got the mobile thing sorted anyway.

you can? how?

sorry, didn't see this.
i can't remember exactly how i set it up but it was easy. to have it check your yahoo, you just need your username, password and the mail server, same was what you would need if you were having outlook or something check it.
there are full instructions on google, i found it easy to set up anwyay.
once you're set up, when you're replying to a mail you can choose from a dropdown menu of your aliases (eg. [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] )

anyway, in short gmail now kicks the shit out of yahoo and there are many more advantages to it than this

Is anyone else still using yahoo mail and using the latest beta mail?

How do I stop each mail opening in a new tab thingy and appear instead in a pane below the inbox so that inbox and the selected mail are both visible at the same time? I had it like this but a week or two ago it changed and I cant find a setting to change it back. Another yahoo account i have is fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back