XP - clearing passwords, history etc (1 Viewer)

ann post

Supporter
Solutions
leaving this work machine to new staff in a few weeks. is there a handy way to clear all my passwords and so forth off the browser?? if i just remove firefox and chrome, will all the data leave too or is it kept elsewhere?

at present it log's me into facebook and few other things without asking.

chrome, firefox, explorer.

download ccleaner, if you have admin rights to install software - it should clean most of the stuff you need off the machine.

if you dont have admin rights to install software then go into the tools/options folder and clear all your cookies, open your histories window and delete all the histories there and there should be an option in the same menus as the cookies, possibly in another tab, to clear your passwords. delete any of your bookmarks too otherwise they will still show up in your subject bar when a user starts to type in a url

also set your autofill to off and the prompt on browsers to ask you if you want to remember a password in future. That way you wont have stuff auto logging you in to forums and mail after your session times out.

ahhhh.. hmm, i ran ccleaner last week, deleted firefox, chrome is going tomorrow. i really cant do anything like that as i am sorta head of IT here (i.e. i knew how to install a scanner) and the chances of there being somone who can fix it come along are slim to none. the i.t 'repair' guy who come by to plug things in once a year here is terrible.

ccleaner worked grand but it seems google chrome was over its head somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back