Xbox One (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
Verdict? I didn't see the press conference, but reading this i don't think i missed out on much:

I don’t understand why this press conference needed to exist. Sony’s PlayStation 4 reveal was well ahead of E3 and spent two hours going over in great deal a huge number of aspects and games for the system. They kept some information under wraps for E3, like the price and console design, but they showed us a lot. Microsoft instead had their reveal mere weeks before E3, and slapped together a presentation that had no sense of flow to it at all, and didn’t answer the vast majority of questions people had about the system, nor did it show many games.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc...x-one-announcement-shows-little-answers-less/

Not at all clear if this footage is on that new Xbox or not - it certainly doesn't look like much of a leap from the 360 - but they keep saying "next generation" and "next generation engine"...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It was pretty terrible, presented as a media hub first and a games console a very poor second. Details have since emerged that it's not backwards compatible, all the TV features will be US only at launch, and that kinnect has to be on for the Xbox to function. Oh and if you want to lend a game to your mate they'll have to pay to play it.

I'll wait till E3, as this is when they are going to do the gaming showcase, but it's looking like a PS4 for me.

It was pretty terrible, presented as a media hub first and a games console a very poor second. Details have since emerged that it's not backwards compatible, all the TV features will be US only at launch, and that kinnect has to be on for the Xbox to function. Oh and if you want to lend a game to your mate they'll have to pay to play it.

I'll wait till E3, as this is when they are going to do the gaming showcase, but it's looking like a PS4 for me.

not a whole lot of gameplay on show there either

i like how they drained the colour from the mw3 examples

ghost-dog-zoom.gif

I'm surprised Microsoft have put so many eggs in one basket. This strategy could totally blow up in their face if Apple release a compelling iTV or iPanel media device with the next couple of years. That said Apple have become increasingly toothless in recent times so who knows.

Microsoft seem to be targeting 25 to 45 year old professional bachelors. Hardly casting a wide net. I didn't see anything for kids, women or casual gamers. Games seem like an afterthought.

I just cancelled my upc telly sub as I go weeks without watching broadcast television and when I do I regret it so I've no interest in tv integration. I set up BBC iPlayer and Netflix on ps3 and with saorview that's plenty for me.

Then you add in the caveats - no lending of games with paying, needing internet connection to boot up games, xbox live subs etc - they have their work cut out.

more bullshit

The Xbox One will be region locked, Microsoft has confirmed with Digital Trends. The console will not be able to play games produced for regions other than the one it was produced in.
“Similar to the movie and music industry, games must meet country-specific regulatory guidelines before they are cleared for sale,” said the Microsoft representative. “We will continue to work with our partners to follow these guidelines with Xbox One.”

http://www.edge-online.com/news/xbox-one-will-be-region-locked-says-microsoft/

Hasn't it (Xbox 360) supported region-locking? And it's up to the game publishers if they want to make their titles region-free?

Of course, market place will always be region locked unless you create additional accounts in different regions.

the list of shit that people will need to hack and sell ebay stuff to fix in a semi pirate sort of way seems to go on and on.

hackers will buy them by the truckload.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/12/4615586/xbox-one-no-longer-needs-kinect-plugged-in

Microsoft have now u-turned on pretty much every controversial feature of the xbox one. I'd imagine its less to do with "listening to our customers" and all to do with slow pre-order sales.

They really have made a pigs mickey out of this new console and it isn't even out yet.

have they unbundled that kinect crap from the console and reduced the price yet, or are they still forcing people to buy it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back