XBox 360 (1 Viewer)

I'd say the mixed reviews are fair. I haven't tried co-op yet, which is where I'd imagine most of the fun would be. As a single player game it's fine but it's no great improvement on the first, and in a few ways (mainly mission structure) it's actually gone backwards.

In saying that I'm really enjoying it, mostly cos I just love leaping round, collecting orbs etc.

Also the graphics are pretty terrible and it's not really that long (I've played for about four hours at a guess and I'm 25% complete). Still enjoying it though!

the graphics aren't terrible!

I think it's deadly. i think edge's review was fairly spot on.

Ah they are in places, the buildings in particular are awful!

I'm still really enjoying it, just pointing out some of it's short comings.

yep, enjoyed alan wake. the first two words of dialogue in the game? "Stephen King". Says it all really.

Cool - got Left For Dead for fathers day but I'm not much for the co-op games so I got to trade it in.
Alan Wake it is so.

Ah they are in places, the buildings in particular are awful!

I'm still really enjoying it, just pointing out some of it's short comings.

Its enjoyable in the same way crackdown 1 was, in saying that, it could be one of the worst sequels I have ever played. 2 years in dev, use the same city/environment etc . A lot of the missions/races/orbs are even in the exact same places. The main change to the game is with the missions, and these are actually worse than crackdown 1. Activate light node things 27 times, for every 3 nodes you activate go underground and activate another light node thing. Oh and clear out 30 enemy areas the exact same way.

Collecting orbs etc still fun, but the rest of the game is laughable as a sequel

I am not saying that I hate the game, far from it. I could get over the repetitive nature of the missions, if they had fixed any of the flaws of the first game. The shooting mechanics are still terrible and the ledge grab problems of the first still exist. It looks like they just took the art assets from the first game and put some dirt on them, and released it as a sequel (in some cases it actually looks worse than the original ) . Left 4 Dead 2 did far more and got a huge amount of flak for it.

Seems to be a bit of a lazy sequel thats all.......

YEAH WELL I'M REALLY ENJOYING IT

at least i was until i tried climbing the agency tower. Um.

better go find some more green orbs...

Apparently the Agency Tower 'grows' as you progress through the game, so you can't climb until you've progressed to a certain point. Or so I read today.

I'm really enjoying it too, but I can totally understand the criticisms.

Started Metro 2033 tonight. First couple of hours I wasn't feeling it, getting a bit better now though.

mine is on it's way, but i'm addicted to rdr at the moment, the side missions in it are far more appealing than they ever were in GTA. what a cracking game.

when are the new xboxs available? don't think i can resist

So does anyone still have borderlands ? Sat down to finish the game and ended up buying the dlc....coop anyone ?

Ah typical:

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week** :
Week of July 26: Borderlands Add-Ons

Secret Armory, 400 Microsoft Points

Zombie Island, 400 Microsoft Points

The Underdome, 400 Microsoft Points

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back