www.myp2p.eu - Is it safe? (1 Viewer)

pissypants

My da wants to install the www.myp2p.eu software to watch sports.
Is it safe?
marathon_man_laurence_olivier_denti.jpg

(For your computer)

It's not software though is it? I use that site to get footy links. Most of them have Sopcast links, which is pretty reliable. Get that.

MyP2P is just an index of links to streams on other sites, there's no actual software contained within the site itself.. Some of the links are to sites like Justin.TV which use embedded Flash video streaming (i.e. you won't have to install any additional software) while others are links for things like Sopcast or TVAnts which require you to install a new program to watch them.. I use Sopcast and I haven't had any problems so far with security, warnings from my web provider or whatever, though God knows who's storing the info.. I suppose there's always an element of risk with these things like any filesharing system but I haven't heard of anybody so far being prosecuted for watching pirated TV streams, it seems to be the providers/hosts that get hit generally as opposed to the users.

Thanks guys, I know squat about it - just going on my da's word that he was prompted to install software for the site. Maybe he was being prompted to install a media player plugin or something.... I've gone onto it now and watched sky news streaming without having to install anything....

Thanks guys, I know squat about it - just going on my da's word that he was prompted to install software for the site. Maybe he was being prompted to install a media player plugin or something.... I've gone onto it now and watched sky news streaming without having to install anything....

If you follow a sopcast or tvants link then you need software to play that. A lot of sites now just stream live in flash so you won't need the software. The following are good for sport:

atdhe.net
ustream.tv
justin.tv

there are hundreds out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back