Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers (1993) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 125
  • Views 18K
  • Watchers 7
WAY TO GO SCUTTERSAN!

Just one thing though, Kanye, is fucking BRILLIANT..listen to those albums again for the love of jah

I'm still not sure what to make of Kanye West.
There is something compelling about him.
He has to have some undiagnosed personality disorder.

I'm all over the shop with Kanye. I LOVE some of his albums but others I find utterly vacuous.

Kanye is absolutely terrific.The college dropout is a work of art and Graduation is great too.

They're the only two I've heard so 2/2 aint bad

I'm still not sure what to make of Kanye West.
There is something compelling about him.
He has to have some undiagnosed personality disorder.

He is an enormous twat. I find it too hard to see past this to make any comment on his music. His set at Glastonbury was one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.

But that's for the "Kanye West-enormous twat?" thread

I'm on the fence about Kanye too. Keep meaning to give him a proper listening to. But ...... I do like the fact that he managed to irritate so many people over his Glastonbury thing ...a festival that seems exclusively designed for twats got trolled by the greatest twat of all.

On the topic of contemporary rappers: I know every hipster and music journalist is all over this shit like a bad rash but Kendrick Lamar is totally brilliant. There's a track on his M.A.A.D CITY album called The Art Of Peer Pressure which is one of the best hip-hop "jams" I've ever heard.

On the topic of contemporary rappers: I know every hipster and music journalist is all over this shit like a bad rash but Kendrick Lamar is totally brilliant. There's a track on his M.A.A.D CITY album called The Art Of Peer Pressure which is one of the best hip-hop "jams" I've ever heard.
I haven't heard Kendrick Lamar yet but the guy who plays sax for him, Kamasi Washington, released a fantastic and sprawling jazz album called The Epic which I have been loving.

As for Wu-Tang, three listens in and I'm completely won over. Will be buying a physical copy of this next week.

...a festival that seems exclusively designed for twats got trolled by the greatest twat of all.

That would imply he was taking the piss. But I believe he was deadly serious. Which is hilarious.

He is an enormous twat. I find it too hard to see past this to make any comment on his music. His set at Glastonbury was one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.

But that's for the "Kanye West-enormous twat?" thread
If it was'nt for the internet you'd probably never even know he was a bit of a gobshite
I haven't heard Kendrick Lamar yet but the guy who plays sax for him, Kamasi Washington, released a fantastic and sprawling jazz album called The Epic which I have been loving.

As for Wu-Tang, three listens in and I'm completely won over. Will be buying a physical copy of this next week.
The Epic is absolutely brilliant alright...and the length of it!

I've only played it once right through..gonna have a good listen this weekend

I had a listen to The Epic a while ago. It sounds pretty good ... serious Pharoah Sanders/Alice Coltrane vibe off it.

i had never knowingly heard a wu tang tune before. would not call myself a fan of hip hop really aside from a few albums that have been mentioned in this thread. I do like that more instrumental stuff that Flying Lotus and some others do. generally the full on rapping over the music has always turned me off checking out the likes of WTC.

totally won over after 3 listens to this. sharing very similar sentiments with a lot of folks. some very groovy stuff going on here. some absolutely brilliant tracks and a small bit too much filler but wasn't enough to get me to skip the track any time I listened to it. some of the dialogue is fucking ridiculous but the sounds more than make up for it so as to not impact at all badly on my view of this thing as an album. totally agree it's maybe a little too long but in general this was a very rewarding listen and has pretty much opened a door that I never even bothered to get up off my arse to look for the key to open it with. once again, nice one Album Club. was great to get an album out of the comfort zone

Due to a mad busy work week, I didn't get to give this the obligatory 3 listens and maybe it requires a lot more to really get into it, but it didn't too anything for me at all.
I love the kung fu samples but was turned off by the rapping mostly; I just don't get it. Some of the tunes are good; I like that All So Simple one but musically I wanted it to be really ballsy and full on but I just found it a bit wimpy. A lot of the songs don't really go anywhere and are all quite samey sounding.
Anyhoo, onwards and upwards TAC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back