Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers (1993) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 125
  • Views 18K
  • Watchers 7
Yeah..fo realz
Same same with MC MacDaras points up above

Keeping it rizzeal all up in the cd length fizzeels its where its at....40 mins max for an album.

NO EXCEPTIONS UNDER ABSOLUTELY ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
They should have finished with Protect Ya Neck. That's a good closing track.

Not one I voted for. I have heard it mention as one of the great hip hop albums but I've never listened to a full hop hop album. I love loads of black music, blues, funk, soul, reggae (especially dub) but even when I was younger I always felt a bit Self-consciousness listening to rappers. "Yer man thinks he's black" kind of thing. Young people these days have no such quams. I do like some of the old classics, the well known songs, The message, some public enemy, some NWA , De la soul, some eminem ect.....I always loved the beats and production techniques, so I'm a fan of lots of hip hop based electronic music (prefuse 73, DJ Shadow ect..) My main problem with hip hop is I'm not that bothered with listening to rappers. It's a bit of a stumbling block.

I like the kung fu film clips, the beats & the sample based production. Actually it could have done with more musical parts in the loops. For a lot of the time it's just a plain beat. These guys can rap but for me it just rolls by with Niggas, Muda fuckahs, & i-ites standing out. Halfway through I was bored. I liked the track CREAM, nice jazzy loop. Protect ya neck as well.

Although I get the whole boastful, bravado schtick, the lyrics on this are really off-putting to me and that's the main thing about this genre that leaves me cold. Still...I haven't turned it off yet so already it's ahead of the awful NMH.

Agreed. The macho materialistic bullshit of hip hop really annoys me. But I'll take NMH over this.

The lyrics are generally a stumbling block for me and rap music. Mostly I just can't relate to it or don't care about whatever it is they're on about. Having said that, sometimes I hear Irish rappers rapping about stuff a bit closer to home and and I'm inclined to run a mile so there might not be any pleasing me with this genre. I did like Bag A Gear, that was a good one.

I've only had one listen to this album so I have to hold off on making (positive) comments about it for another while...

I put this on again while doing the washing up but had to turn it off after about a minute. Too much fuck, fuck, fuck, fucking. I'm quite fond of a well placed f in a song but this was too much to be played loud with everyone in the house.
One for the cans.

i think there are kids in the house in fairness

you don't really want the ol tang clan talking about sewing anuses shut and battering dicks with a baseball bat and such while a child listens on

I'm just going to quote (or sample) Shaney because he hit the nail on the head.

The lyrics are generally a stumbling block for me and rap music. Mostly I just can't relate to it or don't care about whatever it is they're on about. Having said that, sometimes I hear Irish rappers rapping about stuff a bit closer to home and and I'm inclined to run a mile so there might not be any pleasing me with this genre.

No point doing a track-by-track reaction to this, because it's not that kind of album. I concur with the general opinion on this: the beats are class, but it's a bit too long and samey, and the lyrics don't speak to this Raheny boy. But the meter and flow of the rapping is fantastic. How did we get from this to the half-assedness of Jay Z?

This is much more accessible than I was expecting. I was expecting denser music because in my head there's loads of lads in the Wu-Tang Clan, all making music at the same time.

To me this is one of the last great albums of Hip Hop 1993/94 were the last great years. 94/95 was the beginning of overly produced hip hop albums and the super producers ruining Hip Hop. The likes of Bad Boy records, the East Coast v West Coast crap and Jay Z and his lot.

I am not saying good hip hop albums were not release after 94 but there was a huge change for the worse.

This is by no means a perfect album, it does drop off near the end, as someone said in a earlier post it probably should have finished with Protect Ya Neck.

The Kung Fu samples are amazing but the interludes are a bit shit and Torture Mutafucker sound like a couple of 12 year olds trying to come up with the worst thing they could think of. "I'm a fucking gonna wedgie you and break in your house and steal your mothers knickers"

Production is amazing but not over produced.

Most of the tracks are excellent Bring Da Ruckus, Can it Be All so Simple, C.R.E.A.M. Da Mystery of Chessboxin', Method Man, Protect Ya Neck

I would give this a solid 4 out of 5

Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nuthing to Fuck wit.

I like it. The music is great and the vocal delivery is mostly great, If If I tune in too closely they sound like a bunch of morons and I don't know if there's a lot here that I'd keep coming back to. I also agree that it's too long - I wouldn't particularly care which songs they got rid of as long as they got rid of at least five or six and the stupid interlude things. Still and all, quite enjoyable. I might have another listen or two before forgetting all about it again.

I listened to it yesterday on the stereo and it felt a little flat, maybe it wasn't found enough to get the full effect of the bass. Had another listen today on headphones in work and the difference is huge. There's a couple of songs that stand out but overall it's a bit samey also the shite talking in-between the songs is rubbish. will give it a few more listens and report back

This is all HIGHLY interesting to me.

Album Klub FTW

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back