Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers (1993) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 125
  • Views 18K
  • Watchers 7
the only hip hop album i have ever listened to is dj shadow's endtroducing. i'm sure this album is really going to make me feel like a lame white boy.

:eek:

I'm amazed so few people here have listened to this before. I only have 3 enduring favourite albums, this and NMH are 2 of them (Joni Mitchell's "Blue" is the other, maybe that'll come up next week)

My 2 younger brothers and their friend Paddy were the only people into hip-hop in Wexford town in the early 90s. I thought they (my brothers) were spas, but I was the spa I suppose. 36 Chambers is the album that finally showed me the light (when I finally listened to it 10 years after it came out)

To be honest this makes me feel very white and European. White guys getting into black American b culture isn't new though...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I just bent me headphone jack in my phones headphone socket,it had nothing to do with the fact that this was playing I just thought I'd mention it

Spent 20 minutes looking for my Cd of it this morning and failed to find it. It seemed like the perfect music to blast in the car on my way to an irritating work meeting.

Anyway, it's deadly. Haven't listened to it in ages. Looking forward to doing so again if I can find the damn Cd.

The closest thing I've ever owned that could, at a pinch compare to this WuTang LP...it's been a while.

i was bouncing around on the couch chanting un-PC lyrics this morning, himself told me "i don't want you in that album club any more"
This was me on the way to work this morning -

Listening to this now. I like the voices and the rap. What's not to like about the shear amount of words going on here. Not mad about the skits. The songs tend to start, loads of rapping then fade out. The songs don't really go anywhere, not something that's unique to this particular album, it's a genre thing. Maybe that's just the way it is in hip hop.

Listening to this now. I like the voices and the rap. What's not to like about the shear amount of words going on here. Not mad about the skits. The songs tend to start, loads of rapping then fade out. The songs don't really go anywhere, not something that's unique to this particular album, it's a genre thing. Maybe that's just the way it is in hip hop.

Agreed, and it's a lot to take in. I'm thinking rap was the first genre to really embrace the CD in terms of making the most of its longer running time compared to vinyl, but that gets you a lot of bloat and padding over 70 minutes with the skits and duff tracks and whatnot. I had to take a break after hitting my first lull at 'Can It Be All So Simple' but I'll get back to it in a bit.

The angry shouting stuff is punctuated every now and again with some seriously groovy stuff. I like the laid back stuff more.

Is that classed as a hip hop album? Then the Wu Tang's is the 2nd hip hop album I've ever listened to, yay!
Well, it's probably classified as electronic hip hop? maybe. I remembered I have an Sugarhill Gang album which I have definitely listened to a few times. I get the feeling this is going to be a bit different.

But I really like ODB's got your money, so hopefully that's a good reference point.

This is probably, like, the second hip-hop album I've listened to straight through (the first was probably Dr Octagon way back in the day) but hip-hop is in the fabric of pop culture now, we've heard so many of the beats and the voices in chunks and snippets here and there that we don't even realise it.

I will have to admit I'm after getting a bit bored with it..its no Doggystyle

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back