Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers (1993) (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 125
  • Views 18K
  • Watchers 7
You can not whack some qwality hip hop..and this is some of the qwalitiest
It's a genre I've started to get into more in recent years. So far I've picked up some Public Enemy and NWA (not exactly obscure but good places to start) and will probably grab stuff by The Coup and Ultramagnetic MC's next based on recommendations. And obviously will be listening to this next.

and we're ok with calling women 'bitches'?
Is that the royal "we" or do you wish to find some kind of consensus amongst the group?

I listened to this in bed last night and ended up dreamng I couldnt remember where I'd parked my van and it was a major hassle cos I was doing roadie for Wu Tang Clan

Language wise, it's all braggadocio, isn't it? Exaggerated tales equivalent to the kind of thing Cannibal Corpse were doing in death metal, but arguably more pernicious since hip-hop went mainstream.

But fuck me, the production is great, isn't it? BEATS, man.

Cool. I'm going to post an image of that sexy nigger bitch Halle Berry in the horn thread right now.
Thats the spirit!

LOL

That reminds me,back in the bad old days I lost a facebooky cos I was drunkenly experimenting with incorporating a few "niggers" in my posts..I was listening to this album that night I'm pretty sure.

Some people can not take a joke

Language wise, it's all braggadocio, isn't it? Exaggerated tales equivalent to the kind of thing Cannibal Corpse were doing in death metal, but arguably more pernicious since hip-hop went mainstream.

But fuck me, the production is great, isn't it? BEATS, man.
It sounds amazing. The sampling and production and all that jazz is really interesting. It reminds me how much I like French rap- i haven't a clue what they're saying but it sounds great. Although I get the whole boastful, bravado schtick, the lyrics on this are really off-putting to me and that's the main thing about this genre that leaves me cold. Still...I haven't turned it off yet so already it's ahead of the awful NMH.

The rhythm, the lyrics, the metre of every rap, the moment the main riff kicks in after the intro, the beat, the samples, the grainy ass raw as fuck video - Protect Ya Neck is close to perfect.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back