WTF? (1 Viewer)

I don't think this has anything to do with the govt. As far as I can see it's a private company - basically Book Tokens for doctors
Isn't this happening because the government has allowed the quality of our public healthcare to deteriorate to such an extent that private companies have spotted an (other) opportunity to make a buck?

I don't think this has anything to do with the govt. As far as I can see it's a private company - basically Book Tokens for doctors
The government are responsible for the long waiting lists, the fear people will have that they won't get seen (never mind dealt with) within any kinda reasonable timeframe and the need for people to go private.

The government are responsible for the long waiting lists, the fear people will have that they won't get seen (never mind dealt with) within any kinda reasonable timeframe and the need for people to go private.
Yes yes yes, but this particular thing is not a govt initiative - I clicked through on the link thinking "what the fuck are the govt at starting up some shite like this" and it turns out it's nothing to do with them. That's all

Well the government aren't not involved

Mr Allen said there was an opportunity for employers to gift Healthcare Coin Vouchers to any employee each year, tax-free, up to a value of €500.

It's probably down to some byzantine interpretation of insurance laws that no one thought would ever happen a million years ago when they were written. Obviously if they wanted to stop this kind of nonsense they could but they won't because this is the kind of thing they want. Fair enough, Fine Gael gonna Fine Gael.

Mr Allen said there was an opportunity for employers to gift Healthcare Coin Vouchers to any employee each year, tax-free, up to a value of €500.
You can do that with any voucher - in my previous job we used to get a one-for-all voucher at Christmas we didn't have to pay tax on

You can do that with any voucher - in my previous job we used to get a one-for-all voucher at Christmas we didn't have to pay tax on

I'm sure you can, and i'm also sure these tax exceptions were created with all-for-one Christmas Vouchers in mind, not funding heart transplants.

I'm sure they were. My point (still) is these stupid healthcare vouchers have nothing to do with the government. They're some sleeveen who's said "oh look, our healthcare system is fucked - how can I make a buck out of this?"

Then what you are saying is that the healthcare system has nothing to do with the government.

Not only in practice but also in theory.

(sighs)

If Mrs. egg_ makes some delicious kimchi, and I eat loads of it and make such outrageously smelly farts that I make someone puke ... is that her fault? If you already had something against her you could trot it out as fairly weak additional evidence that she is a bad person, but really it's my fault

So in this analogy, you consider privatized healthcare to be "delicious"? I mean, you're in good company, Fine Gael think it's a delicious system as well.

What i'm saying is the conditions are set by those who write the rules, change the system and you change how people react. I'm addressing the cause not the symptoms.

Leaving aside your dumb analogy, I'm not even disagreeing with you except to say that the rot goes to the top, it isn't just a few bad actors taking advantage of a tiny flaw in the amazing marketplace of financialized healthcare.

I'm sure they were. My point (still) is these stupid healthcare vouchers have nothing to do with the government. They're some sleeveen who's said "oh look, our healthcare system is fucked - how can I make a buck out of this?"

Bollox.

This exists because of the government's ineptitude and cronyism

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back