WTF? (2 Viewers)

ah here, surely people understand the difference between directly responsible and indirectly responsible, which is what egg is obviously getting at?

Isn't the government directly responsible for the health of the nation? Hence we have laws on what people can sell as food/medicine/drugs.

Oh for fuck's sake!

When I said "the government has nothing to do with this" I meant "this is not something the government has directly set up". If you want to pick a fight with a Fine Gael apologist then I'm not who you should be talking to

Oh for fuck's sake!

When I said "the government has nothing to do with this" I meant "this is not something the government has directly set up". If you want to pick a fight with a Fine Gael apologist then I'm not who you should be talking to
But this is a crazy argument. Fine Gael are the party of business, proudly so, they basically don't want to exist. Their job from their perspective is to set up all the conditions for someone else to do these things, and to reward people who do it, and to incentivize people to do this. They never want to do anything directly, but that doesn't mean that they don't actively wield massive amounts of power. You have to hold them responsible for what happens on their watch.

They aren't selling fucking health top trumps because as far as they're concerned that would be communism and a Sinn Fein plot, but if a business does it, propped up by them, and supported by them, and fucking bailed out by them when it all falls to shit, yeah that's good. Market magic does it again.

I mean, in theory anyway. In practice of course they're not even that committed, i.e. they actually buckled under the pandemic and intervened in the market and supported people, but they weren't happy about it and they did whatever they could to ensure that the market was still involved.

(sighs)

If Mrs. egg_ makes some delicious kimchi, and I eat loads of it and make such outrageously smelly farts that I make someone puke ... is that her fault? If you already had something against her you could trot it out as fairly weak additional evidence that she is a bad person, but really it's my fault

That’s a lazy comparison.

Let’s say Ms Egg and a woman (let’s call her Sandra) from your work are mates.
Ms Egg has promised to make you lunch every day for work. But she never makes it in time for you when you’re leaving for work and you have to buy lunch every day, even though she keeps saying she will but never does.
Ms Egg also owes Sandra a few favours and a promises of a few quid.

Well you can’t starve and Sandra knows this and steps in selling you lunch every day.

Shock horror when you discover Ms Egg is in cahoots with Sandra, making you pay for your lunch when it’s supposed to be free.

It’s ms Eggs fault and Sandra has a hand in profiting off your back

Sandra is a very clever woman and you're all just jealous of her business acumen.

Saw a gap in the market so she did, a real "gets up early" kind of woman is our Sandra.

I reckon the healthcare coins should be turned into cryptocoins. Healthcare on the blockchain, I dig it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back