Wow, I have just discovered... (2 Viewers)

Yep! I love the Murnau one too but Herzog did the impossible and remade it into another masterpiece. That last scene with Kinski and the ring of salt is haunting.

For Nosferatu's filming Werner Herzog bought thousands of rats In Hungary and brought them to Holland because a few minutes of the film required lots of rats (WH said so in the DVD commentary track).

Poor rats.

"However, some scenes were shot in nearby Schiedam after officials, in a "who-could-blame-them" move denied him permission to let loose 11,000 rats for a scene that was to be filmed in the city. (Many of the opening scenes revolving around Dracula’s home were filmed in Czechoslovakia.) The rodents also proved problematic as Herzog ordered 12,000 white rats to be shipped from Hungary to the Netherlands where he then had them died grey in a process that killed half of them outright. Not surprisingly, behavioral biologist Maarten ‘t Hart, who was hired to supervise the rats quit and leveled charges of animal cruelty towards Herzog."

Holy crap - that's far worse even than I thought.
Directors can be very ruthless by nature but I always cite Herzog as someone who got away with some appalling things on his productions and received little criticism because of his status.

Without that it's a great film but after I knew this I've never rewatched it.

Classic example of epic hypocrisy that I am unable to tolerate.

I just discovered that Opeth are not the heavy metal band I assumed they were but are in fact a modern prog type of thing in the vein of Steven Wilson

Shocked

I just discovered that Opeth are not the heavy metal band I assumed they were but are in fact a modern prog type of thing in the vein of Steven Wilson

Shocked
This old footage of the main guy from Opeth is funny. Geeking out watching the dude from Comus play the solo from their great tune The Herald.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Shocked
The first few albums are death metal. They got more and more proggy as they went along, I lost interest (the new stuff is shite) but there was a point where there was a good balance between the two.

Lou Gossett Jnr. conceived and co-wrote the well-known song "Handsome Johnny" with Richie Havens. As the opening act for the original Woodstock, Havens performed "Handsome Johnny," as the 8th song in that historic first set. According to Havens, "...(Gossett) had gotten it up to the Dunkirk war...I brought it up to date..."

Lou Gossett Jnr. conceived and co-wrote the well-known song "Handsome Johnny" with Richie Havens. As the opening act for the original Woodstock, Havens performed "Handsome Johnny," as the 8th song in that historic first set. According to Havens, "...(Gossett) had gotten it up to the Dunkirk war...I brought it up to date..."

I fucking LOVED the woodstock movie when I was 17. Which was 20 years after the festival happened .

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back