Wow, I have just discovered... (2 Viewers)

I haven't just discovered them, but after taking an immediate dislike to these lads when they first came out I realise I was wrong. Ignoring everything about them except the tunes helps.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I haven't just discovered them, but after taking an immediate dislike to these lads when they first came out I realise I was wrong. Ignoring everything about them except the tunes helps.

I did that too, and Amy Winehouse. Now I do like the singles when they are on the radio.

No,they suck,you were right the first time

ha!

It actually annoys me how good their first album is start to finish. Fuckin eejits, wasted their talent.

COSMIC JOKERS - Galactic Supermarket LP (1974)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVo_cS_XdL8

a friend sent me a tape of the second side of this in the summer. got many listens since.
the part twenty five minutes into LP sounds like a soundtrack of a movie about being trapped in a black hole and coming out the far side into another dimension... I luv it.

X-PULSION -Castration. Belgian hardcore punk from 1978. Live on TV.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT34zTZ0i4E

ashamed to say i never knew these guys until last month. maybe they just had the one fast song ? I hope not.

EDIT- how do you get you get you tube video boxes to come up instead of just links ?
thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Gonna have to dig deeper in the car boot sales and charity shops.

Gonna have to dig deeper in the car boot sales and charity shops.

The charity shops are useless for music these days. Barely a CD worth buying in most I've been in lately. In fact they seem to have little or no CDs now. I thought they would be crammed full of them with people switching to streaming. As for vinyl... I rarely see any except for ktel compilations & the pope in the phoenix park.

Its not like the record shops are overflowing with ancient hard to find irish releases. I've definitely found more hard to find stuff like that in charity shops and car boot sales than anywhere else.its surely thinning and the chances less,but I'd have more hope there than elsewhere.

That's brilliant; hint of Cameo's Word Up off it?
Before Word Up but a bit of Cameo in there alright, that whole electro-funk thing. There's hundreds of songs like this by lads trying to cash in on the Minneapolis sound post-Purple Rain, endless fun imho

The early 80s was a great time for perfect pop songs

Jaysus my only real understanding of David Essex was as a punchline but was listening to his debut today and he's not bad at all

My grandparents were giving my friend and I lift to the Olympia to see The Smashing Pumpkins and said: “The last time we were at the Olympia it was to see David Essex.” That night, SP played a cover of “Rock On”. True story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back