Wow, I have just discovered... (6 Viewers)

I knew he wrote hits, but my god that's some list

I find these old school hitmakers fascinating

And I have just discovered that he wrote pretty much all of my favourite Blondie songs. The rest of the stuff he’s done I can live without but fucking hell, the Blondie list alone.

Cracking summer tune here

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I am fascinated by people like Mike Chapman - a total hack and also a genius (Moroder is another).
At his peak Chapman could write a trilogy of singles like Blockbuster, Hellraiser and Ballroom Blitz for THE SWEET.

One of very few people who could say -
''If you can't make hit records, you should fuck off and go chop meat somewhere''
and get away with it.

I am fascinated by people like Mike Chapman - a total hack and also a genius (Moroder is another).
At his peak Chapman could write a trilogy of singles like Blockbuster, Hellraiser and Ballroom Blitz for THE SWEET.

One of very few people who could say -
''If you can't make hit records, you should fuck off and go chop meat somewhere''
and get away with it.
A guilty pleasure of mine is Johnny Walker's Sounds of the 70s on BBC Radio2. He regularly has guests on; musicians, popstars. Writers, producers etc from the old days and it can be really interesting how they did what they did.

Writers, producers etc from the old days and it can be really interesting how they did what they did.
I love that shit

The making of Aja on VH1 or whatever is almost a mindfuck of a doco

That SongExploder podcast was really good for this kind of stuff

A guilty pleasure of mine is Johnny Walker's Sounds of the 70s on BBC Radio2. He regularly has guests on; musicians, popstars. Writers, producers etc from the old days and it can be really interesting how they did what they did.
when pop music is done well it's amazing and the history of it can be really fascinating.

I've read huge amount of older lads from the HC punk or extreme metal scenes in the UK and Europe (especially Sweden) saying they got interested in music because of THE SWEET (a guy from ENT) or are still big fans e.g. Bill Steer.

when pop music is done well it's amazing and the history of it can be really fascinating.

I've read huge amount of older lads from the HC punk or extreme metal scenes in the UK and Europe (especially Sweden) saying they got interested in music because of THE SWEET (a guy from ENT) or are still big fans e.g. Bill Steer.
The Sweet was one of the finest bands to have graced our planet.

It's all about the Sweet b-sides and the songs the band wrote themselves

It's all about the Sweet b-sides and the songs the band wrote themselves
oh yeah Gary, they wrote their best songs themselves but likes Hellraiser are great tunes too.
working with Chinn/Chapman was something they could have done without musically but it did give them a career.

also Daz Russell put Andy Scott's Sweet on at the Rebellion Festival about 4 or 5 years ago.

Just in case anyone hasn't seen this, that I know I've posted a few times. What a band. What an opening riff.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back