Wow, I have just discovered... (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The didn't know that the Dexter actor has a band

A band with a terribly pretentious name

His background is Broadway musicals and he played the lead in Lazarus, the musical Bowie wrote with Enda Walsh just before he died.

His background is Broadway musicals and he played the lead in Lazarus, the musical Bowie wrote with Enda Walsh just before he died.
wait, Enda Walsh died?

... oh, no. You mean David Bowie? My sister was in Disco Pigs, her qualifications from what I can tell were: being fairly good looking. Not sure how she pulled that one off.

I'm glad to hear Enda's not dead.

wait, Enda Walsh died?

... oh, no. You mean David Bowie? My sister was in Disco Pigs, her qualifications from what I can tell were: being fairly good looking. Not sure how she pulled that one off.

I'm glad to hear Enda's not dead.
Enda’s not dead. He’s my godmother’s brother (I’ve never met him though).

Its pretty good too!

Bolt Thrower’s Realm of Chaos was produced by Thighpaulsandra.
Meant to reply to this earlier, actual WTF followed by Oh Wow. He engineered it, not produced, but still, amazing. The Discogs list of his I-probably-did-it-for-the-money jobs is amazing, I can't help visualise him turning up for the Saw Doctors session with a blinding hangover from some crazy debauch wondering what fucking planet he had landed on

Meant to reply to this earlier, actual WTF followed by Oh Wow. He engineered it, not produced, but still, amazing. The Discogs list of his I-probably-did-it-for-the-money jobs is amazing, I can't help visualise him turning up for the Saw Doctors session with a blinding hangover from some crazy debauch wondering what fucking planet he had landed on
I spent a weekend with him at his farm in Wales. He was very nice and made lovely tea.

Punk Madonna

This song was recorded when Madonna was part of the band The Breakfast Club.

Punk Madonna

This song was recorded when Madonna was part of the band The Breakfast Club.

Wasn't she part of the downtown/CBGB's scene before she ventured into pop music?

From wikipedia:

Although it is suggested through only a few songs, the album is somewhat a tongue-in-cheek tribute to Madonna and 1980s pop in general. Ahead of Madonna's 60th birthday in 2018, frontman Thurston Moore told The Guardian:

Madonna was actually in a couple of no-wave bands that nobody ever talks about. She was in a band with these two twins, Dan and Josh Braun, who were the first members of Swans, Michael Gira's band. Nobody really knows about that part of her history; she was in a pre-Swans no wave band! There's all that interconnected history in New York with Madonna and the no wave scene. [...]
Eventually she started making really amazing dance records. "Into the Groove" was brilliant to the point where I thought it would be a great song to cover through the prism of Sonic Youth. Instantly fabulous. We took her record and put it on one of the channels in the studio and we would fade it into [our version of] the song once in a while, not thinking about the legalities of such a move. We made a single with Mike Watt from Minutemen on a label called New Alliance, a sub-label of Black Flag's SST Records ["Into the Groove(y)"]. We wanted to break down any kind of barrier that was being set up between the underground and the people who had graduated from it to the mainstream.
We actually embraced Madonna's joie de vivre, her celebrity. We did that record and everybody felt we were crazy, and some people lambasted us for giving her some kind of credibility in the underground. But she already had credibility, as far as I was concerned; she was already a part of the downtown scene. I don't think she capitalised on it.[7]

Kate Bush? who? Kate Bush???
who are ya? who are ya? who are ya?

Doing that shit at least a year before that song anyway.

I mean, irritating floaty stuff must go back to the 60s at the very least, I think Kate Bush's visual innovation was irritating eyes wide open stuff.

Doing that shit at least a year before that song anyway.

I mean, irritating floaty stuff must go back to the 60s at the very least, I think Kate Bush's visual innovation was irritating eyes wide open stuff.
the Fox tune posted by GO 'Imagine me, Imagine you' (UK #15) is from 1975.
she's not obscure either - Only You Can was #3 in UK in 1975 and S-S-S-Single Bed #4 in 1976

I know how to use wikipedia.

The song you posted is from 1979 and it screams of the post-Wuthering Heights pop landscape, the song Go posted is from 1975 and bears no relation in visual or aural terms to the early work of Kate Bush except that they both stink of the 70s and maybe she moves her hands a bit.

It's a massive reach to say she was doing the Kate Bush thing before Kate Bush and you fucking know it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back