Wow, I have just discovered... (1 Viewer)

I still haven't heard a note by them.
I always assumed it was avant garde industrial type stuff

I might get around to looking them up on YouTube one of these days
The early stuff is noisy, industrial stuff but the later stuff is properly musical, song-based stuff. Both ends of the spectrum are brilliant, Zeichnungen des Patienten OT and Halber Mensch are my favourites of the early stuff (Halber Mensch is a fucking banger). Tabula Rasa and Perpetuum Mobile are good places to start with the more tuneful work. They have a Greatest Hits collection but due to licensing issues they couldn’t include half their back catalogue on it so it’s very skewed towards recent albums.

Very late to that party because I obviously still have an aversion to stupid band names but listening to both first and most recent King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizardand holy god they are very enjoyable to listen to.

Pretty sure I've had multiple opportunities to see them at festivals and always went to see someone else. Doh

going to listen to the rest of their albums this week

Can't say I'm a fan of them but

nice one.

I went to see them in the Olympia after loving the records .They great at what they do but I didn't get in to it.

Never listened to them since.

Same thing happened with Ween now that I think on it

I went to see them in the Olympia after loving the records .They great at what they do but I didn't get in to it.

Never listened to them since.

Same thing happened with Ween now that I think on it
Same for myself. Haven’t really listened to them since that gig. Not sure why. Listened to them constantly before that

I think they put out too many albums. The last one I got was gumboot soup (2017) They've released 5 more albums since then.

Think they're absolutely great, and on a remarkable run of good form. Even any album that hasn't been brilliant in the last few years has had a few brilliant tunes on it. Think the last 4 have been absolutely glorious.

You could argue they should slow down, but really, when the hit to miss ratio is so high, I hope they don't dare mess with the formula!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back