Wow, I have just discovered... (3 Viewers)

I know it's all rather silly but I love these guys

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

these guys are fucking deadly. My 18 year old son is gonna dig them big time. They also toured the states with his favourite band.

great song and video.

Cheers @johnnystress

Calvin Harris has absolutely nothing to do with Beat Happening or K Records. Should have guessed really; he's much more relaxed and not uptight enough.

I actually bought I Created Disco. Enjoyed it for a while. This is one of the things that would make me sound old to Jenna Thiam. And I was old then.

I couldn't tell you a thing he did after that, apart from he's a massive star.

I remember getting the first Now and thinking it was the best fucking thing ever invented.
I have a very clear memory of walking near Cadbury's to get the bus to school and just having this goddamn glow about the record.
I couldn't tell you one track on there now, but I'll be there was a Phil Collins one.

I remember getting the first Now and thinking it was the best fucking thing ever invented.
I have a very clear memory of walking near Cadbury's to get the bus to school and just having this goddamn glow about the record.
I couldn't tell you one track on there now, but I'll be there was a Phil Collins one.

Phil's cover of You Can't Hurry Love is Side 1, Track 1.

It's a snapshot of all of 1983 rather than just the last three / four months of the year. Accordingly it doesn't really have that "wow Now" feel that the subsequent volumes did.

What does that mean?

The series [particularly in the early days] had the knack of accurately* capturing the spirit / vibe / sound of the charts for the specific period it's supposed to cover.

This is something that no retrospective compilation will achieve as such an approach [with hindsight] will inevitably lead to cherrypicking.

* in as much as licensing would permit. The Hits series took up the slack for the Sony/BMG and Warner-owned tunes.

i.e
Now 2 accurately captures the spring of 1984.
Now 11's acid house suite [Side 4] is smiley concept time.

Dolly Parton used to be in The Shangrai Las...!

she didn't really

and Jimmy Page used to be in a band with Lulu!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back